Thursday, April 26, 2012

100% Not Running Related & The Vow

Warning: This post has absolutely, 100% NOTHING to do with working out or running or sweat of any kind. It’s super important for me to have balance in life. Newsflash, there is more to life than JUST running. I know. SHOCKING!

So, last Night the Hubs and I had a date night. And, let me assure you—I’m a cheap date. ;)

We went to see “The Vow” with Rachel McAdams (I love her!) at our local cheap theatre. 
LOVE her. He's kinda meh. I don't get the appeal.

You know—one that shows past-theatre/pre-renting movies for mega cheap. Usually tickets are $1.50/each, but on Wednesday it’s SUPER cheap and tix are only a buck a piece. Score!  

We stopped by a gas station on the way to the theatre to get some to-be-sneaked-in snacks. We also snuck in soda's from our fridge. Diet Sprite for the Hubs. Diet Pepsi for me. I warned him if I didn't have caffeine and LOTS o' sugar there was a very, very real chance I'd pass out mid-movie. It's happened before. Numerous times. 
Reese Pieces and Sour Patch Kids. Perfection.



We got to the movie theatre about 10 minutes before our show started and walked into this:
That's the Hubs. And, only the Hubs. In the whooooole place.

The theatre showing “The Vow” was completely, 100% empty except us. LOVE that. I could do this:

Feet up=Check! Compression socks on date night= Double check (One check for each leg. Duh.)!!


Another couple people did end up showing up seconds before the show started, but it was definitely ghost town. I guess with a random Wednesday evening showing of a movie that’s been out forever I should have expected that.

The Hubs has been working late a lot lately and I’ve been working out like a maniac, so it’s really nice to have a completely low-key, just-us date night now and then. And, for less than $5 total! Can’t beat that!!

8 comments:

  1. What a fun date night! My hubby and I always stop by the store to buy movie snacks to sneak in. Luckily my big purse conceals all of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes-- a big purse is definitely KEY in the movie going experience.

      Delete
  2. My guy will very rarely take me to movies because I WILL fall asleep. No matter how good the movie, or what time of day, it's a 100% guarantee.

    Smart move bringing snacks, I always think about it but never execute the plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It happens to the best of us. My husband will ask me before we pick a movie from Netflix or RedBox when we're gonna watch one at home "Meagan, are you WATCHING this or NAPPING through this?" so he knows what kinda movie to pick. Hey-- either way, works for me! :)

      Delete
  3. Yay for date night! Okay, I NEVER fall asleep in movies but I always bring in my water bottle. How was the movie? I think Rachel McAdams is awesome too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually liked the movie! And, you know me-- I am NOT one for sappy movies... but, I liked this one. Matt gave it "3 stars" (out of 5). So, even he thought it was OK.

      Delete
  4. Aw, sounds like a great night! I also love Rachel McAdams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! :)

      LOVE her!!! Can't believe she's in Mean Girls and The Notebook!! SUCH different characters. Great actress!!

      Delete