Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Mid-Marathon Training Suprise!

Today is Tuesday. True story. And, even though I KNOW we have tomorrow off work, I started my day off still feeling a smidge like this...


I know, I know... whine, whine, whine.

I walked into the gym this morning a little on the late side, right at 5:30am, when my Signature Strength class SHOULD have just been starting. Turns out, it was cancelled. Epic fail. So, I did a quick 25 minutes on the elliptical, then 2 1/2 miles on the treadmill, then 15 more minutes on the elliptical before calling it a day. I KNOW I shouldn't be phoning in the workouts this week because I KNOW this weekend I won't get any in, but I just wasn't feeling it this morning. All morning I just felt MEH and moped about the gym. I mean, I still got a workout in, but it was a little half-assed and I admit that. THEN, I realized I forgot my coffee cup, so I couldn't fill up at the gym for my morning caffeine fix. Another epic fail-- all before 7:30am.

I decided a gas station stop on the way to work for a cup of coffee was a necessity. $1.38 and a cup of coffee the size of my head later, and the day was starting to turn around.


THEN, when I got to work and logged onto my gmail, the day REALLY turned around.



I had an email in my inbox from LivingSocial telling me my 1 hour Swedish massage voucher was ready to use. Say whaaaaat?? What voucher?!?! I buy things online a lot (ok... too much... sorry, Hubs!), but I think I'd remember this one.

After some investigating, I found out this crazy kid surprised me!
That's the Hubs!

He said I've been working so hard training for this crazy marathon thing, I deserved a nice treat. BEST MID-MARATHON-TRAINING SURPRISE EVER! Thanks, Hubs! You're the best.

Tonight, I'm going to treat him by making dinner, then going for a short (and likely crazy sweaty due to 100+* heat index!) walk with a mid-walk fro-yo stop! AND, a red box. Might not sound like an exciting night to some most, but to us-- it's perfection! :)

So, lesson learned: a day can start out kinda meh, but there's always the chance for it to turn around and end up having a fabulous day.

Here's hoping you're all having a fabulous day too! 

1 comment:

  1. That is a wonderful surprise! I hope that you enjoy your massage. I used to get them 1-2 times a month and I miss it.
    I like your idea of date nights- my hubby and I do those kinds of things a lot. :-)

    ReplyDelete