Thursday, April 17, 2014

Nap Trumps Workout

There was a time when I was so dedicated to working out and running, I'd pretty much do it 6 days a week, no matter what. Even if I was tired. Even if I had long days at work. Even if I didn't feel like it. It was a priority.

Today is not that time.

Life has other priorities right now. Bailey. Hubs. Moving. Job. Life.

Excuse for a cute Bailey pic? Check!

Still, I TRY to make time. I try to do something active 3-4 days a week right now.

But, today is not that time either right now.

Bailey is having some serious sleep regression issues. The last 4 nights I've averaged less than 5 hours of sleep, and even that was having a max stretch of 90 minutes at a time. I haven't been this tired since her newborn stage. I'm that feels-like-I'm-drunk-and-can't-quite-think level of tired. The idea of intentionally expending energy working out is about the least appealing thing in the world to me right now.

I know, I know. Sometimes after giving it energy, working out give you energy. TOO. BAD. I have none to give. I'm tapped out.

So, yesterday I had a free lunch hour. Didn't have extra work to do. Didn't have any errands to run. So, I was faced with a choice: workout or take a nap in my car. Yep, you read right. NAP IN MY CAR. And, you bet your ass the later won. I took a glorious 40 minute nap curled up in my drivers seat. Worth every.single.second. Best decision I've made all week.

Working out just isn't happening this week. Or likely next week or the week after. I just have nothing left to give it. I'll get back to it. I will. But, not today. Or tomorrow. And, that's just gonna have to be ok. Til then, on a good day, you can find me napping in my car.


No comments:

Post a Comment