Thursday, September 20, 2012

VERY exciting mail and a VERY sweaty run

Last night I got some VERY exciting mail.


MY CONFIRMATION PACK FOR THE MARATHON!!!! Holy crap, this is really happening. I have a bib number. And a (REALLY late!) start corral. Woah. This is REAL. I'm getting more and more excited. I honestly can't wait!

After calming down from my mail-high, I did a lil abs and arms work. 8-minute classic 80's workout DVD style.


Then, the best part of the day-- I met my MIL for dinner! The Hubs and his dad have a father/son dinner once a month when his parents both come up to our area because his mom has a meeting near our house. I decided the boys shouldn't be the only ones who get to have fun dinner dates, so I met my mother in law for dinner last night. Delicious food (I got a salmon pasta in a light EVOO and lemon sauce... yum!), even better company. Perfect night.

Moving along to today. For the record, Thursday's are my least favorite day of the week. I have no rational reason why, but I'm over them. Just make it be Friday already!!! Anyway....

5am wake up call.




8 miles in 1:10:18 (an 8:47 pace!! WOOWOO!!). Me and the TM are still BFF's. I have no idea what's going on with me lately.
I was just a LITTLE sweaty after. NBD.

Work. Work. Work. With far too many sides of coffee.
 

5.1 miles (had to make it that extra .1 to make it to 13.1 overall for the day. I'm a freak, I know.) during lunch on the indoor track.

More Work. Work. Work. With far too many Diet Pepsi's and far too little water. Why can I talk myself into running 13.1 miles on a random Thursday, but walking to the water fountain to fill my cup just seems like WAY TOO FAR?

No big plans for the night... another round of 8-minute Abs and 8-minute Arms. Laundry, Maybe a short walk. I'm SO exciting.



1 comment:

  1. Exciting that you get your corral and bib number already. It always seems even more real when you get that information.
    That salmon pasta sounds fantastic. Salmon is one of my favorite things to eat and so is pasta. You had the perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete