Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekly Workout Recap (9/10-9/16)- Marathon Training Week 16

"The beauty of running is its simplicity; the beauty of runners is that we all have a similar drive to improve."
-Deena Kastor, U.S. Olympian


Weekly Workout Recap (9/10-9/16)- Marathon Training Week 16:
(Reminder: My actual workouts in RED, what my plan called for in BLUE)
Monday, 9.10- Spinning & 2.5 miles {Spinning & 5 miles}
Tuesday, 9.11- 8.25 miles & 6.25 miles {Signature Strength}
Wednesday, 9.12- Spinning & 2.5 miles {Spinning & 5 miles}
Thursday, 9.13- 7.5 miles &  4.5 miles {8 miles}
Friday, 9.14- 50 minute elliptical {Rest}
Saturday, 9.15- Rest {22 mile LR}
Sunday, 9.16- 20.5 mile LR & 5.5 miles walked {30 minutes cross training}



Totals for Week 16:
52 Miles Run {40 Miles}
2 Spinning Classes {2 Spinning Classes}
0 Signature Strength Classes {1 Signature Strength Class}
50 Minutes on Elliptical {30 Minutes Cross Training}
5.5 Miles Walked {None on Plan}
1 Rest Days {1 Rest Day}




Week 16 of 19. For the record, I kinda flipped last week (Week 15) and this week (Week 16) on my plans because of timing and traveling over Labor Day weekend and such. So, last week I did a 22 miler. I didn't want to be all crazy and do another one, so I cut it back to a 20.5 miler. SUCH A CUTBACK, I know.



How I Felt:

Body: Started the week off kinda sore, but not too bad. However, now (9/17) I am SOOOO sore from the LR. Ugh. Poor lil' legs.

Mental: Freakout continued. Not gonna lie-- I'm more than a little worried just how epic these freakouts are going to get as the marathon gets closer if they're ALREADY this. It just feels SO BIG in my head. I feel unprepared, even though I KNOW I prepared. I know I need to trust my training. SO MUCH EASIER SAID THAN DONE!

Energy Level: So-so. Pretty tired all week, but not too bad. Feel like I didn't get as much sleep over the weekend as I would have liked, so that stinks for this upcoming week. But, overall feeling OK.  

Hunger: Food. Where is the food?? Give me the food. Any of the food. ALL OF THE FOOD. ALL THE TIME. Same ol, same ol.

GOALS (new section!): Last week I had the goals of getting lots of sleep and chugging water like it was my job. I did so-so on the sleep thing... could have done better, but not too bad. I kinda sucked on the water front, so I need to keep pushing and work harder on this goal. I'm gonna try to start filling up a water glass I keep at work at least 3 times a day. We'll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment