Sunday, December 29, 2013

I RAN!!!! :)

Friday morning, I put Bailey in the Hubs' very capable hands and put on my favorite pair of (neglected) Brooks and set out for my first run in over 2 months. 



I'd LOVE to say "OMG! THIS RUN WAS AMAZING AND WONDERFUL AND SUNSHINE AND UNICORNS!!"... but, it wasn't. It was HARD and EXHAUSTING and SLOW. I had to keep telling myself "It doesn't matter how slow you go, just don't stop running. You can do this!". It was ROUGH. But, I did it.



I slowed down, concentrated on not quitting and just did it. (Note: I only wore the Garmin to track time and out of curiosity... not because I particularly cared about pace.) And, it was pretty amazing. I didn't love every second and I definitely wasn't smiling while I was actually running, but at the end- you couldn't wipe the grin off my face. I felt proud. A few years ago, I couldn't run a mile straight if you paid me. Now, even after taking over 2 months totally off and after spending the last SIX WEEKS basically completely workout free (minus the one strength workout I did last week and 2-3 1-mile walks when the weather wasn't totally frigid), I could bust out THREE MILES in the snow, at a 10:22 pace. I'm pretty damn proud of that. 

I have a looooong way to go before I'm busting out double digits or clocking any sub 9:00-miles. And, that's OK. I'm kinda looking forward to the ride.

While I was running, all I could think about was getting back to this face for lots of snuggles.


Oh, and having this waiting for me sure helped too.


Hey... I had to make up the calories somehow... gotta keep that breastmilk supply up! :)



1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome you could get through 3 miles your first run back! I definitely wasn't able to do that and I didn't have a sweet pea! I love your determination!

    ReplyDelete