Friday, August 10, 2012

Days That Drag

I honestly cannot believe this day isn't over yet. Ever have one of those days that just draaaags on and on and on and on for no real reason? Like, nothing notably good or bad or even just notable, for that matter, happens but the day feels like it's taking forever to pass? That's how I feel right now. Maybe it's just the late-afternoon Friday drag. I'll blame it on that.

Things I'm looking forward to this weekend:

1. Dinner date with the Hubs tonight. Over the past few weeks with all the move drama and business we haven't really gotten to spend much romantic-type time together. We've spent tons of time together... just the cleaning, moving, rearranging, more cleaning, more moving, errands, more cleaning kinda time. So, tonight we decided to go on a date night. Just us. We're starting with dinner at our favorite Italian place (Hey, gotta carb load!! It's totally legit!) and then gonna redbox it (aka- I'll fall asleep about 5 minutes into the movie).
(source)

2. Long Run on Saturday! 19 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It boggles my mind that I could even think I'll run that far, let alone ACTUALLY run that far. Even though I KNOW I ran 18 less than a week ago, it still just cannot compute in my brain. I mean-- 19 miles?!?!?!? That's only ONE MILE short of TWENTY MILES (spelling the number out makes it seem bigger and more substantial, right??). It seems completely crazy. Madness. Utter madness. I'm stoked to see if I can actually do it. And, it doesn't hurt that the weather forecast looks pretty freaking bad ass for tomorrow morning.

60*s, parly cloudy, and no rain?? I'll take it!

3. The Hubs and I have two of our very good friends coming into town Saturday for dinner. YAY! I'm crazy and irrationally nervous for them to see our new house (because I'm crazy... we've been over this, right?), but beyond excited to get to see them and their adorable baby.

4. Sunday = Rest Day! Usually I take Friday's as rest day, but I decided to get my 60-minute cross training (elliptical) in today so I can take Sunday as a total rest day. I'm going to try to convince the Hubs to go on an epic walk with me Sunday, so it might not be the most "restful"... but, I know during Saturday's long run, the idea of not having to "workout" the next day will feel amazing!

5. Finishing my e-book. Yup, still reading it. Still obsessed with it. Can't put it down.

6. A friends baby shower for her one year old Saturday afternoon. Sure, it's not exactly the party that will make the 19-miler fly by from pre-party excitement, but the baby is crazy cute and I'm definitely looking forward to it.



I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of for now. Here's hoping all these things and more are just as amazing as I'm hoping they will be this weekend. And, here's definitely hoping this weekend hurries up and gets here already!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment