Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekly Workout Recap (8/20-8/26)- Marathon Training Week 13

"Even when you have gone as far as you can, and everything hurts, and you are staring at the specter of self-doubt, you can find a bit more strength deep inside you, if you look closely enough."
-Hal Higdon



Weekly Workout Recap (8/20-8/26)- Marathon Training Week 13:
(Reminder: My actual workouts in RED, what my plan called for in BLUE)
Monday, 8.20- 7.5 miles & 5.75 miles & 4.5 mile walk w/ the Hubs & 8-Minute Abs & 8-Minute Arms {Spinning & 5 miles}
Tuesday, 8.21- Signature Strength & 2.75 miles {Signature Strength}
Wednesday, 8.22- Spinning & 2.5 miles & 6 miles {Spinning & 5 miles}
Thursday, 8.23- Rest miles {10  miles}
Friday, 8.24- Rest {Rest}
Saturday, 8.25- 21 mile LR {20 mile LR}
Sunday, 8.26- 45 minute elliptical {45 minutes cross training}

Totals for Week 13:
45.5 Miles Run {40  Miles}
1 Spinning Classes {2 Spinning Classes}
1 Signature Strength Classes {1 Signature Strength Class}
45 Minutes on Elliptical {45 Minutes Cross Training}
4.5 Miles Walked
{None on Plan}
2 Rest Days {1 Rest Day}



Week 13 of 19. DONEZO. Can't even believe I'm getting so close to the marathon. Craaaazy.
How I Felt:

Body: Really good! After last weeks shin pain I was nervous going into Monday. I thought Sunday's long walk might come back to bite me in the ass, but I woke up Monday feeling good. Had no significant body aches or pains all week (well, til post-long run Saturday afternoon).

Mental: The idea of TWENTY miles weighed on me all week. The sound and idea of it is so daunting. But, other than that, mentally I felt strong. I was excited each workout and never completely mentally beat myself up. I think overall I was mentally the strongest I've ever been this week.

Energy Level: Pretty good. Definitely thought each morning when the stupid alarm went off "AHHH! Can't I just sleep in?!?!?" and would have loved more sleep, but once I got up and moving felt OK. Was exhausted each night by 9, but wasn't too tired during the day.
 
Hunger: Hunger doesn't even begin to describe how I've been feeling. It's like an out of body experience. Like, I am CONSTANTLY thinking of food and when I get to eat again. it's out of control. Completely out of control. All I can think about is running and food and food and running and then more food. All the time. FOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment