Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WIAW Round 3

It's WEDNESDAY!!!!! HAPPY HUMP DAY!!!!!!! 

Before we get to What I Ate Wednesday let's recap Tuesday's workout... ok, workouts. I'd addicted to sweat. I know.

The morning started off with a 5:30am 55-minute session on the Elliptical. The only saving grace of this boring, boring, boooooring workout was the reading material. Trashy mag and healthy-living mag. Perfect combo, right? I mean-- at worst they just kinda cancel each other out, right?!?!?
You're definitely welcome for the stellar not-blurry-at-all iPhone pic. Nothing but class. 


Normally I don't hate quite so much on the Elliptical... but, man! It was a crazy boring session. I was gonna do an hour and honestly couldn't talk myself into doing those last 5 minutes. BAD. I would have just treadmill-ed it... buuuut, I'm TRYING to be good and not run on the TM when my shins hurt (which they still do) AND I'm TRYING to be good and doing an actual taper before this weekends 25K. Ugh. Stupid t-word.

During my lunch hour I did a quick 3.5 mile run... wait for it... OUTSIDE! It was SOOO nice to get outside! I do enjoy my indoor track runs (though they're pretty boring too), but this was great! It was my first mid-work-day outdoor run and I loved it. LOVED. Hopefully the weather stays nice and mild for a bit (knock on wood!!!), so I can enjoy a few mid-day non-90* runs. Fingers crossed.

After work I did 8-Minute Abs and 8-Minute Arms for the first time in way too many days. Whoops. Oh well.

Ok, time for another WIAW (which was this girl's brian child).

As a reminder, this is everything-ish I ate/drank yesterday (Tuesday).


Breakfast: Around 9am
We got a toaster oven at work and I am LOVING it! I made a homemade pseudo egg mcmuffin. 1 low-fat/high-fiber English muffin + 1 1/2-ish egg whites + 1-piece low-fat provolone cheese. So, so, so good. And, mega filling. Kept me full through my run and to lunch.
Lunch: 12:30pm
Met a friend at a local grocery store to hit up their salad bar (we do this almost weekly... I'm a little addicted to it). Salad with just romaine and cucumbers and fat free ranch. I wasn't really feeling anything else on it for some reason. Fruit: watermelon, pineapple, strawberries and grapes.


Afternoon Snack: 2:00pm... and again at 3pm.
Snack #1 was chocolate chip Teddy Grahms. I could eat an entire box. At once. Easy. So, I count out 1 serving and put the rest away... outta sight, outta mind, right?


Snack #2 was Sour Cream and Onion Special K chips. Maybe these aren't the greatest thing for you in the world, as the ingredient list is about a mile long, buuuut-- they taste damn good. And you get 27 chips for 110 calories. Done and done.


Dinner: Around 6pm  


The Hubs had to work late (again-- booooo!!), so I was on my own for dinner. I called this my version of beef and broccoli and the Hubs I couldn't have been more inaccurate. Whatever it was, it was good. I heated up some of the leftover Italian beef we've been working our way through for a week, cooked 1/3 cup brown rice in the rice cooker (let it cook while I was doing 8-min Abs/8-min Arms), and steamed a bunch of fresh broccoli in one of those microwave steamer bags. Added a splash of reduced sodium soy sauce and some garlic salt and a diet pepsi on the side and dinner was served. Took less than 10 minutes. Delicious! To be honest, this actuallt wasn't that much food (though the pic makes it look like a huge plate!) and pretty low-calorie. That was likely less than 1 serving of beef, and a 1/3 a cup of brown rice and some broccoli isn't exactly a calorie bomb. 

I was hungry again pretty quickly after dinner. Stupid taper hunger.  


Dessert: 6:45pm

An unpictured (which is why you got the above beautiful pic) Weight Watchers Dark Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream Bar. They are SO good. I destroyed one before the thought of taking a pic even occured to me. 80 calories and 2 grams of protein of deliciousness.

Just to note: I am not on Weight Watchers by any means... these are just freaking delicious. I had no idea how many "points" were in these til I found the above pic, nor do I know how many "points" I eat everyday, nor do I track. I'm telling ya-- these are just that good.


Evening Snack (b/c apprently I could. not. stop. eating. yesterday.): 8:30pm
I am way too addicted to these. Has anyone else tried them? They taste exactly like regular Cheetos. Clearly, I am the picture of health. I had seeeeveral handfuls and when I woke up this morning my fingers were still stained in that artificial, bright orange. Again, it'd be impossible for me to be any healthier. Duh.

Other things throughout the day: Lots and loooots of water.

And a small (unpictured) handful of pretzel sticks around 4pm from a bag someone had out on their desk.

Overall, not a TERRIBLE day... but, definitely too snack-heavy. Gotta work on a SMIDGE healthier snacks too. Not that Teddy Grams, potato chips, and Cheetos aren't healthy... but, I feel like a banana might be a bit better. Just sayin'.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Special K cracker chips. You are right, that they probably aren't the greatest for you, but still they are better then regular potato chips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. being snack heavy is actually a good thing!! so don't feel bad about that - this is a way healthy day i think! and i'm an expert...soo...

    ReplyDelete