Wednesday, May 16, 2012

WIAW, Round 4


Tuesday started with a slow (aka: boring) 60 mintues of intervals on the elliptical. I was still pretty sore, so I didn't want to push it.

I also did a slooooow 5 mile "shake out" run during my "lunch" Tuesday. Ok, I call it a shake out run to try to excuse just how slow it was (10:24 pace). Was it the sore legs? The 80*+ and sunny weather? Was it because I didn't eat much before hand? Who knows. I just know it was one of those runs that just plain sucked. I still love running, no doubt. But, this run blew. Simple as that. Luckily, the weather, though crazy warm, was beautiful:
And I'm trying to focus on the "I'm so lucky I can run in weather like this" than the "OMG! 5 miles is SO far and this sucks so much!" 

_________________________________________________________________________________
Now, onto What I Ate Wednesday which was started by this girl. It's a way to track one days eats/drinks in its entirety...or as close to it as humanly possible. It's a great way to reflect on my average weekday diet and eating habits. These is actually what I ate on Tuesday, so I could post it on Wednesday for WIAW. WIAW would be a little weird if I waited to post it til Thursday. Because then wouldn't it be What I Ate Thursday? And, that just doesn't sound the same at all. And, now I'm rambling. Ok, here we go...



 
 

Breakfast: 8:45am 
Black Cherry Chobani. Not my all time favorite flavor, but good. Oh, and coffee. Duh.

Snack: An unpictured mini snickers (like, legit mini-- not the fun size... I'm talking the teeny, tiny mini one) right before my mid-day run. That sucker never stood a chance of getting a pic before I ate it. Please.

Lunch: After my mid-day run, around 1:30pm. I was starving when I got back and couldn't eat fast enough.
Plain turkey sandwich on low-fat white bread (I know, I know-- sounds healthy, but it's not. Yeah, yeah.), carrots, pear (not quite ripe, but still SO good!), light string cheese, diet pepsi

Dinner: Around 6pm
Dinner was crazy good. The Hubs had to work late (again), so I was on my own. I made 1/2 cup brown rice in the rice cooker (best invention ever). When that was almost done, I sauteed some chopped onion, red/yellow/orange peppers in reduced sodium soy sauce/Siracha, and some of TJ's peanut salad dressing (sounds weird, but it's SO good). I also had a few of TJ's mini chicken cilantro wontons. This was the first time I had those and they were pretty good. Plus, you get 4 for 50 calories, so I (of course) had twice that. Dinner was quick and delicious!

Snack: Around 8pm - An unpictured handful (or 3) of baked Cheetos. I can't stop eating them. They're just too good.

Dessert: Around 8:45pm
The hubs suprised me by coming home from work with fro yo! He did an excellent job of getting (legit) almost more reese's peanut butter cup than fat-free vanilla fro yo. The correct toppings to fro yo ration is at least 50:50. At least.

2 comments:

  1. awww, what a thoughtful husband! and to get the topping ratio correct? you couldn't ask for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! He's a keeper!! And, while he doesn't agree with the ratio... he makes sure to use it for my cups! :)

    ReplyDelete