Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I'm back... again!

I’m BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!


Yes. It has been FOUR months since my last post. I know, I know. I dropped off the face of the planet. Again. For the gazillionth time. I know.
 

I could make a million excuses, but for what? Life happened. End of story.

 
Ok… maybe not END of story… in fact, “life happening” kinda started a new story…



 
May I introduce our daughter, Miss Bailey Elizabeth...

Born November 11, 2013 ~ 5 pounds, 10 ounces

 

So, clearly I have a FEW excuses and life most certainly did happen. In a big, BIG way. More on that soon (including the fact that she’s already here and, if you remember, isn’t supposed to be for another week. If you’re doing your math that makes her grand arrival 5 weeks, 1 day earlier than expected!).

So, I’d like to start blogging again. Maybe not as often as before. Ok, most definitely not as often as before (turns out taking care of a newborn is pretty darn time consuming... who knew?!?). And, I 100% admit the theme will be baby-central for a bit, as I’m not really doing anything else right now except being a Mom (ok, and a wife). I’m on maternity leave from work and I’m on a strict no-workout for 6-weeks doctor’s order. So, yes—there will be LOTS of baby talk. To be honest, that’s my main motivation for wanting to start blogging again. To be able to write down all the little things as they happen so I don’t forget. Life has been FLYING by (I swear, I have no idea how the day goes so fast!) and I don’t want to look back in a few months or years and not be able to remember these moments. So, if you’re not interested in reading a birth story or one-month updates or anything like that… that’s cool. Check back in a few weeks and some of the baby talk may have died down. Or it might now. I have no idea. I’ve never defined this blog as anything other than how I manage my life. Welp, my life now includes an adorable, perfect little girl who has captured my heart in a way I never knew possible. So, maybe the baby talk will die down, maybe it won’t. I have no idea and I’m 100% ok with that. Read, don’t read. Either way, I (hopefully!) be here… writing.   

No comments:

Post a Comment