Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Bailey - 9 Month Update

Age: I say it every month and I'll say it again. NO WAY!! It is just not possible that little girl is NINE months. NO WAY. How? How is time moving this fast? She's growing up so fast!! SLOW DOWN!! 
 
 
 
Size: We have her 9-month check up tomorrow. I really have no idea where she'll clock in... though I do know girl feels SOLID to me. We'll see! She's still in 3-6 month clothes and size 2 diapers.



Sleep: I'm calling it! We're officially sleeping through the night! YAAAAY! I think after a month of almost no MOTN wake-ups, we can call it official, right? WAHOO! Bailey goes down for the night at about 7:15pm (we nurse at 7 & she does down right after that), I do a nursing dream feed at about 9:45pm (used to be the Hubs giving her a bottle, but now that we cut the MOTN feed, I do this one), and then she's up for the day at about 6:30am. She's doing really well!! Of course, we have our bad nights, but those are definitely the exception, not the norm. I'm going to work on cutting the dream feed soon, but I'm not in a big rush. I don't think she NEEDS it, as she only nurses for about 3 minutes per side during this feed, but I don't want to F-up the STTN, so I'm going to give it another month-ish, I think.



We're still on a solid 3-ish hour schedule and she also still takes 2 solid naps each day-- 8-9:30am and 2-4pm. The last week she's been napping pretty poorly-- fighting going down and waking early. Ugh. But, before that, it was like clockwork. I think she's ready to move to a 4-hour schedule so she gets more wake-time between feeds and naps. Hopefully switching to this will get her back to good naps. We'll see. Wish me luck! 



Nursing & Solids: Life is good here. 9 months and going strong! I have to say-- I'm pretty proud of that! Nursing is hard and time consuming. I'm really happy with how things have gone in this area and am pretty confident we'll make it to a year minimum pretty easily from here.

We're still doing 3 meals of solids a day. She's a pretty good eater. She loves bananas, guacamole (though hates plan avocado... weirdo), puffs, yogurt melts, ground beef, blueberries, cantaloupe, green/red/yellow peppers, broccoli, and more. She'll try just about anything and the only food she pretty much refuses to eat and will just spit back out are eggs and avocado, weirdo. Some days she eats better than others, but overall she does well with meals and eating.



Likes: Sadie. A thousand times over. SADIE, SADIE, SADIE. Girl is OBSESSED with the dog lately. It's the most adorable thing ever. Now that she can pull herself up to standing, poor Sadie isn't even safe on the couch. They're BFFs for life.
This is the a normal scene around these parts... aka, Bailey refusing to let go of a toy (or a sock in this place) and trying to accost Sadie at the same time and then Sadie bolting. Love, love, love.


She's also all about Mommy lately. I am her favorite toy, jungle gym, cuddler, and everything in between. She tries to hang on me anytime I am anywhere near her. I kinda love it, though I'm sure it won't last. I'll be old news any day now.

 
She also loves her kitchen, blankets and pillows, shoes, throwing her food on the floor, and pulling herself up & crawling (or really anyway she can be moving).
 
 
Dislikes: Same. Still. Ugh. The stinking car seat. I do not know what it is. Girl HATES it. She's gotten a bit better with the stroller, so that's good. Progress, perhaps? I just keep hoping and hoping the car seat thing is a phase and we're going to be over it any day now. Fingers crossed.
 
 
Weirdly, towards the end of this month, she also started hating dinner. This sounds nutso, I know. It's the same food. Same seat. Same bib. Same pretty much everything (except that the Hubs is there.... which I guess could be it, but whhhhy??), but she gets SO fussy at dinner. I really hope this is a phase because it's a pain in the ass and just plain annoying. We don't get her out of her seat because we know nothing is wrong and we don't want her to learn "scream at dinner and get what you want!". We don't make her eat, but we don't get her out of her seat til we're done with the meal. Makes for some reallllly fun family dinner time. Ugh.
 
 

New This Month/Special Moments/Milestones:
-2 teeth! Both bottom and right next to each other. They came in one right after the other, too. That was a fun week in this household. Ugh. Teething BLOWS. But, omg-- the teeth! They are SO cute!! And sharp. OMG. She's accidently bitten me a few times either just playing around or while nursing... omg-- oooooouch. NOT fun. I can't even imagine when the top teeth start coming in.
 
-Lots and lots of squaks and squeals. Perhaps this isn't new, but the quanity and crazy loud volume is at new levels this month.
 
-Again, maybe it's not new-- but, girl is on the move and has some serious speed! She's got this crawling and pulling herself up thing DOWN. I'm still calling it-- girl will be walking by 10 months. She's constantly on the move. Constantly.
 


Looking forward to: Is saying everything too cheesy to stomach? Because OMG-- everything. Don't get me wrong - I'm enjoying each and every moment today and living in the present, but I am so excited for everything coming up. Walking! OMG!! I can't wait. First words! The little clumsy baby run! Hearing her say "Mama"! Just everything. EVERYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment