Monday, January 20, 2014

Weekly Workout Recap: 1/12-1/18

Sunday, Jan. 12: None
Monday, Jan. 13: 2 mile walk with Sadie and Bailey in the stroller

Tuesday, Jan. 14: Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred
Wednesday, Jan. 15
None 
Thursday, Jan. 16None 
Friday, Jan. 17: 8-Minute Arms & 8-Minute Abs with 2-3 minute cardio bursts (think jumping jacks, mountain climbers, high knees, etc) every 3 moves to total 20 minutes of cardio
Saturday, Jan. 18: 3.5 mile run with Amy
 
 
Again, I'm calling this week a win. Maybe it's not anywhere near how much working out or at the same intensity as I was a year ago... so what?!?! My priorities are different now. Is working out still a priority? Yes. There's no denying that. I think being in shape will make me a better mother. It's important to me to be healthy so I'll be around a long time for Bailey, so I can keep up with her and play with her without getting winded, and for my mental sanity. I LOVE working out. If I don't get a little sweaty now and then my mental state suffers, which would make me a worse mom. I think it benefits my entire family for me to stay active. HOWEVER (& this is a BIIIIIG however)-- working out is NOT my number 1, 2, or 3 priority. Bailey, the Hubs, even Sadie are light years higher priorities than working out.  
Simple as that. End of story.
So, as I said and did last week-- I'll keep doing what I can, when I can.

2 comments:

  1. You did great! And seriously, you powered through that run - haha, I'm sure you could have busted it out way faster! I think it's great how you use pockets of time to be active and I completely agree Bailey will benefit too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you're getting back into the routine and that you're taking care of yourself. I love you, sister, and am very proud of you.
    <3

    ReplyDelete