15 Thing Friday:
1. I can't get enough iced coffee lately.
Normally I don't get coffee drinks because they cost like a million dollars and I can get free (hot) coffee at my gym. Buuuut, I had to get bagels on the way to work for something on Thursday, so I HAD to get an iced coffee too. And then Friday I had a meeting in a coffee shop. So, I HAD to get an iced coffee then too. Duh.
2. I'm obsessed with Peanut Butter Puffins. I just tried them for the first time and I LOVE them. Totally get where the hype comes from and it's 100% justified. And, now I just saw on their website that they have Chocolate PB Puffins. OMG. Must find these. Now.
3. So, this was happening at my gym last night.
Are you asking yourself what exactly you're looking at? Let me explain. That's a guy, on a stair climber, with a HUGE backpack on. Why, man, why??? This was my view during my entire short pre-shinning run on the treadmill. I was going to do 2 slow miles, but when I saw this, how could I??? I mean-- this guy was BOOKING it on the stair climber with a HUGE, heavy backpack! So, I did 2.5 miles in 8:30s. 2.5 shameful miles. I was shamed into miles. Damn you backpack, guy. Or maybe thank you, backpack guy? Jury's still out.
4. Last night I got home from Spinning and watched 2 1/2 episodes of Gilmore Girls. I'm addicted. I love that fast-talking, wacky mother/daughter pair. Love them.
5. My office is a deadzone today. It's like everyone got together and decided to take today off and didn't tell me. It's SO quiet and I have no appointments or meetings all day. It's creepy. Calm before the storm? I'm worried.
6. I can't stop eating today. It's only 10:25am and I can already tell it's a HUUUUUNGRY day. Ok, let's be honest-- everyday is now a hungry day. But, man o' man-- today's it's unstoppable. CAN'T STOP EATING TODAY!
7. MAYBE, just maybe #6 is a direct result of my workouts yesterday. Yes, workoutSSSS. Plural. I was in a mood. And, I'm crazy. And, I knew I wouldn't get a lot in this weekend and the Hubs had to work late and I didn't have anything else I HAD to do and 100 other things so whatever. I worked out a lot yesterday. I'm talking a LOT. A 60-minute Signature Strength class and 2 miles run on the TM before work. 6 miles on the indoor track at lunch. And, 2 miles and a 60-minute Spinning Class after work. Add those up and they'll definitely, definitely result in #6. Anyway- I was beyond stinky and sweaty after spinning. I could legit smell myself. I guess that's to be expected when you workout twice in the same day in the same outfit. Ewww. I know. I'm gross.
8. After said workout yesterday I got a dip cone from McDonald's. A dip cone is totally the same thing as chocolate milk, right? The perfect ration of carbs, fat, and protein to be the perfect post-workout meal. Totally the same. TOTALLY. And, TOTALLY delicious. I already want another one. (See #6.)
9. I know this might make you lose all respect for me-- and I'm totally OK with that-- but I'm loving some Kelly Clarkson lately.
Love it. LOVE it. Not even a little embarrassed.
10. Fall is almost here. I can smell it in the air. College football starts this weekend. Tailgates. Leaves. Pumpkins. Hay rides. Cooler temps. Fall is my FAVORITE season and I cannnnnnot wait.
11. Last night after spinning (and a dip cone!) all I could think about for dinner was PB Puffins. I got home and almoooost poured a bowl and then discovered our milk was expired. FAIL. There may have been a small tantrum-- feet stomping and all. After I realized puffins were out, I figured the next best thing were these:
Cereal. Wontons. Totally the same. And, once again-- I AM CRAZY! But, woooowza. These were GOOOOOOD. Definitely hit the spot.
12. The Hubs and I are thinking about getting a dog. We've been keeping our eyes on local shelter website and petfinder.com and have emailed about a few dogs and none have worked out. Who knew it was so hard to adopt a dog?!?
13. I'm thinking of buying the Hunger Games on DVD. I've been going back and forth in my head on whether to get it or not for DAYS. How and WHY is this such a big decision? It's like $20. Why am I so torn on this? I am a FREAK.
14. I'm re-watching Felicity on Netflix Instant right now when I'm at the gym on the treadmill (the i-pad was definitely an essential purchase!). I swear I watched this series in its entirely when I was in high school (when the CW was still the WB... c'mon-- you remember!), but I do not remember ANY of this! I'm on the edge of my seat and can't turn it off. Noel! Ben! FELICITY!!!!
15. I could not be more excited for the 3-day weekend. Hurrrrrrry up, 5pm!!!!
I'd love to take responsibility for the idea of "15 Thing Friday", but all that credit goes to this girl. Who said you had to come up with your own ideas to blog??