Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Weekly Workout Recap (8/27-9/2)- Marathon Training Week 14

"I love the fact that not many people can say 'Oh, I went out and ran 20 miles today.' I love how much dedication it takes and how much you learn a lot about yourself, your physical and mental limits. There's just something about it."
-Shalane Flanagan, 2012 U.S. Olympic Marathoner

Weekly Workout Recap (8/27-9/2)- Marathon Training Week 14:
(Reminder: My actual workouts in RED, what my plan called for in BLUE)
Monday, 8.27- 5.5 miles & 10 min. elliptical {Spinning & 5 miles}
Tuesday, 8.28- 7.1 miles & 4.9 miles & 5 miles {Signature Strength}
Wednesday, 8.29- Spinning {Spinning & 4 miles}
Thursday, 8.30- Signature Strength & 2 miles & 6 miles & 2.5 miles & Spinning {9 miles}
Friday, 8.31- Rest {Rest}
Saturday, 9.1- Rest {22 mile LR}
Sunday, 9.2- Rest {30 minutes cross training}

*Note- I was out of town Friday (8/31) night to Monday (9/3) night.
 

Totals for Week 14:
33 Miles Run {40 Miles}
2 Spinning Classes {2 Spinning Classes}
1 Signature Strength Classes {1 Signature Strength Class}
10 Minutes on Elliptical {30 Minutes Cross Training}
0 Miles Walked {None on Plan}
3 Rest Days {1 Rest Day}



Week 14 of 19. DONEZO. Can't even believe I'm getting so close to the marathon. It's completely freaking crazy. Crazy crazy crazy. I'm in shock.


How I Felt:

Body: Yeaaaaah. Probablly not the smartest move in the world to do a 17-mile day 2 days after a 21-mile day. Not smart, Meagan. Not smart. My body was tiiiiired and just beat up all week. My legs felt like 1000 poud weights for the rest of the week. My body was just warn down and a little beat up. Then, the Signature Strength class KICKED MY ASS. Like, my legs were so sore I had to use my arms to lower myself down and up from a chair (or, ya know, toliet for example). SO SORE. The most sore I have been in as long as I can remember. I was upset that I had to take so many rest days, but it ended up being a blessing. I seriously woke up Monday morning and my legs were STILL a bit sore, but FINALLY starting to feel back to normal. Crazy. This led to the decision of no more Signature Strength classes til after the marathon. I'm not thrilled with this choice, but I have to make the marathon my priority and the sore-level that Signature Strength leaves me with is just not meshing with the whole running a bagillion miles thing. So, no more. For now. I'll talk more about this in a different post.

Mental: A little burnt out. I have loved marathon training. I really have... but, I'm getting a smidge mentally tired. It consumes almost all of my thoughts. It's all I think about. I'm SO excited for it... but, I'm also excited to finish it and get my brain back.

Energy Level: Started the week of tiiiiiired. Didn't sleep well/much over the weekend, so I was exhausted Monday morning. Not a great start to the week and the trend just kinda continued all week. Boo. Then, doing the 17 miles on Tuesday really, really took it out of me. I struggled all week and just felt exhausted all the time.

Hunger: I honestly didn't think I could get any hungrier. Yeaaaah. I was WRONG. I think I'm in the "it's just going to get worse til the marathon" stage. Everyday. Hunger all day. Hungrier than the day before. It's just crazy. Totally out of control. I could eat all day everyday. I'm hungry an hour after each meal.

1 comment: