Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Lame, Pictureless List


Life is just crazy right now. Work is busy, busy, busy. Marathon training is going, going, going. My brain can't handle anything more than a lame, pictureless list right now.
 
- I'm obsessed, OBSESSED, OBSESSED with the song "Arms" by Christina Perri. Maybe it was seeing her open for Jason Mraz. Maybe it's just because the song freaking ROCKS. Whatever the reason, I can't get enough.
 
- The marathon is in 19 days. WOAH.
 
- I ran 8.5 miles on the TM this morning. Not fast. Not slow. 9:19 pace. I kinda loved it. What's with me and the TM lately?!? Then, I ran 5.5 on the indoor track and it was pretty meh. I used to HATE the TM and love the indoor track and lately it's been a compelte role reverse. I don't even know who I am anymore.
 
- The Hubs and I went on a SIX+ mile walk yesterday. Woah. I skipped my morning spinning class because my legs were crazy sore, so I was going to take an extra rest day... now, after that monster walk I'm not sure if I can still classify it as a "rest day". Especially since I also did 8-minute Abs and 8-minute Arms. Tough decision.
 
- On said walk, the Hubs and I were talking about the marathon. Ok, I was talking. The Hubs was trying to pretend he wasn't OMG SO SICK of hearing about it. Poor guy. Anyway, I mentioned that I've LOVED every second of this process. He said that while maybe that's a SLIGHT exaggeration, he said he has been legit shocked at how much I have really liked it. He said he hasn't really heard me bitch about workouts or ever really say "I DON'T WANNA RUN TODAY!" or at least not that often. He said (and I quote): "I think you really are just one of those weird people who actually LIKES to run. Freak." True love, right there, folks.
 
- Mental Game = Still Going Strong (just for the record)
 
- Today is National Cheeseburger Day and I have EVERY intention of celebrating properly.



With that, I'll say g'day. Go eat a cheeseburger. You know you want to. 

2 comments:

  1. 19 days will fly by! Hope you enjoyed your cheeseburger. Guess I missed out on the national cheeseburger memo and didn't have one yesterday. Oh well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a cheeseburger yesterday but I'm still working on leftover pulled pork. For the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete