Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekly Workout Recap (9/3-9/9)- Marathon Training Week 15

"When you recognize that failing doesn't make you a failure, you give yourself permission to try all sorts of things."
-Lauren Fleshman, American track and field athlete



Weekly Workout Recap (9/3-9/9)- Marathon Training Week 15:
(Reminder: My actual workouts in RED, what my plan called for in BLUE)
Monday, 8.27- Rest {Spinning & 5 miles}
Tuesday, 8.28- 8.5 miles & 6.5 miles {Signature Strength}
Wednesday, 8.29- Spinning & 2.5 miles {Spinning & 5 miles}
Thursday, 8.30- 6.5 miles, 5.5 miles, spinning & 2.5 miles {8 miles}
Friday, 8.31- 40 min. elliptical & 75-minute yoga class {Rest}
Saturday, 9.1- 22 mile LR {12 mile LR}
Sunday, 9.2- 6 mile walk w/ the Hubs {90 minutes cross training}

*Note- I was out of town on Monday, 9/3


Totals for Week 15:
54 Miles Run {30 Miles}
2 Spinning Classes {2 Spinning Classes}
0 Signature Strength Classes {1 Signature Strength Class}
40 Minutes on Elliptical {90 Minutes Cross Training}
6 Miles Walked {None on Plan}
1 Rest Days {1 Rest Day}




Week 15 of 19. BOOM. I mean... boooooom. Crazy, crazy, crazy. When did this happen? When did it start getting OMG SO CLOSE? Crazy. Crazy. Crazy. Crazy.




How I Felt:

Body: Felt good. Really good. No sore legs all week. Kinda crazy. Not sure how that happene, but I'll take it!

Mental: Kinda starting to freak out. The mental idea of just how f-ing far a marathon really is is starting to settle in and I'm starting to doubt myself. In my head I KNOW I've put in the time and done the training, skipping VERY VERY little, realllly pushing myself. But, somehow doubt creeps in and I wonder just who the F I think I am to think I'm capable of this. Saturday's LR was a pretty big confidence boost, but feeling just how painful those last 2 miles were almost negates the first part of the run and SCARES THE CRAP out of me thinking about running 4 more.  

Energy Level: Pretty good! The 4 rest days in a row last left me feeling good! Definitely passing out HARD each night, but overall feeling pretty good.

Hunger: Same old, same old. HUGNRY. More than hungry. Nothing new to say about that. Anyone have any food?

GOALS (new section!): I'm going to focus on getting at least 8 hours of sleep from here on out. Or I'm going to try, at least. I'm also going to TRY to cut back my diet soda intake and up my water intake. This will be HARD for me. I love me some Diet Pepsi. Starting next week, I'm going to track my water intake and really focus on getting enough. I'm also going to try to start focusing on getting whole, natural foods and try to cut out as much of the processed crap as I can. Not crazy style... just try to do better to help my body be as strong as it can going into the marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment