Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekly Workout Recap (9/17-9/23)- Marathon Training Week 17

"To finish will leave you feeling like a champion and positively change your life."
-Jeff Galloway, U.S. Olympian
 

Weekly Workout Recap (9/17-9/23)- Marathon Training Week 17:
(Reminder: My actual workouts in RED, what my plan called for in BLUE)
Monday, 9.17- 6.3 mile walk, 8-min Abs and 8-min Arms {Spinning & 4 miles}
Tuesday, 9.18- 8.5 miles & 5.5 miles, 8-min Abs and 8-min Arms  {Signature Strength}
Wednesday, 9.19- Spinning {4 miles}
Thursday, 9.20- 8 miles &  5.1 miles {8 miles}
Friday, 9.21- 60 minute elliptical {Rest}
Saturday, 9.22- 12 mile LR (& 2+ hour yard work! Does that count as a workout!?!? It felt like it!) {12 mile LR}
Sunday, 9.23- 4.66 mile walk {90 minutes cross training}



Totals for Week 17:
39 Miles Run {28 Miles}
1 Spinning Classes {2 Spinning Classes}
0 Signature Strength Classes {1 Signature Strength Class}
60 Minutes on Elliptical {90 Minutes Cross Training}
10.96 Miles Walked {None on Plan}
?? Rest Days (I don't know! Does the walking negate the rest? I have no idea. Whatever.) {1 Rest Day}


Week 17 of 19. We're getting SO close. I'm ready for it to just BE HERE ALREADY!


How I Felt:

Body: Sore. Pretty sore all week. Right when it started feeling un-sore I'd do a hard(er) run and it's tighten back up. Definitely a good thing taper is here. At least... for a few days. I'm sure come Tuesday I'll be over this whole taper thing. But, for now-- my body needs it. It's feeling rough.

Mental: MUCH better! I'm SOOOO excited for this thing. I just want it to be here now!!! I can't wait. CANNOT WAIT.

Energy Level: WOAH. I feel like I ran into a train or something. I'm exhausted all the time. It's taking more and more to pry me out of bed when the alarm goes off. Need. More. Sleep. Like, I feel like I could sleep as much as I feel like I could eat.

Hunger: Same ol, same ol. Still hungry. all. the. time. It's out of control and not going anywhere. I've made peace with it (mostly because I've given in and am just eating ALL THE TIME... danger!).

GOALS (new section!): Epic fail on both fronts. Sleep = bad. I've gotten to bed at a good hour, but tossed and turned all week. Boo. Not good. Water = bad... but, not TERRIBLE. Really gonna try to pick both up this week. And, not the same way I said that last week. I REALLY AM gonna try this time. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment