Tuesday, May 14, 2013

5am, 10K, Wicked and Mother's Day

Guess who got up at 5am and made it to the gym both today and yesterday?!?!? THIS KID!!! Yup, that's right! 2 morning workouts in a row! Am I getting my groove back?? Maybe. We'll see. Too early to tell.

Anyway- Monday was 6 miles on the treadmill (while watching the season finale of Revenge... Nolan!! Whaaat?!?!? Noooo!! Love it!!!) and 15 minutes on the elliptical. Today was Signature Strength and then 15 minutes on the elliptical. Yep, not only am I back on the 5am train, but I even went to Signature Strength class today. WOAH. I'm on a roll.

So, we'll see how long this "roll" lasts. This week my work-gym is closed (we're officially in summer at the college I work for so every year the gym closes for 1 week in the summer to do maintenance and such), so I kinda have that "if you don't get up you won't get a workout in" mentality, which always helps me peel my ass outta bed.

BUT-- I did manage to get a workout in Monday during my lunch hour too! The girl from work that I'm helping with the Couch25K program and I went outside and did our intervals around campus! We covered 2.3ish miles in 35 minutes. She's rocking it! I'm so proud of her!!

Anyway-- so, yeah. Workouts have actually been happening. Solid workouts, even. Feels great! Hopefully I keep this up! We'll see... :)

In other news, this weekend was a whirlwind. Friday night the Hubs and I drove up to Grand Rapids, Michigan (about 2.25 hours away). We stayed with some friends, ate some pizza, and crashed early to prep for the Fifth Third River Bank RunSo, Saturday we were up WAAAAY too early to race! I was signed up for the 25K, but as everyone else in our group ended up doing the 10K, I decided to drop down and just run for fun.
My friend, K, and I celebrating our 10K! It was her very first 10K and she CRUSHED her goal and kicked some serious butt. SO proud of you, K!!!!


I ran easy and finished in 55:41 for about 8:58 min/miles. I was 1322 out of 4190.
 
 
The race was a lot of fun, though chilly! Darn mother nature! It was like 40*. IN MAY. Not ok. Not ok at all. Anyway- the race was a blast.
 
I won't do a full recap, as I've done one before (see it here) and it was essentially the same race, just several miles shorter. I love this race and would highly suggest it to anyone! Only bummer with the 10K is you don't get a medal. BUMMER! I did get a pin, though, so I guess that's something.

 
 
Anyway- after the race we headed back to shower and such and then headed out for a quick lunch before the Hubs and I drove home (aka: the Hubs drove while I napped in the passenger seat). We had to rush back because we had tickets to see Wicked that night!

The show was amazing! Such great music and an amazing set and cast. LOVED it!

The show, while great, was a bit long. It didn't get out til past 11, which is WAAAAAY past my bedtime. I was exhausted from the race and the late night. So, I immediately crashed after we got home. 11pm and I am SPENT. I know, I'm so lame.
 
Sunday we were up early again to take Sadie for a quick walk before heading to Chicago (about 2 hours away) for a Mother's Day celebration. Great way to end the weekend: family, fun, and food! I ate my weight in delicious foods and the napped again in the car on the way back. Poor Hubs! Always stuck driving. He's OK with it... he'd rather me be asleep so he can listen to sports radio than me be awake and force him to listen to Katy Perry and flip the radio stations every 2 minutes. (Not that I would EVER do that)
 
Phew! I'm exhausted again just recapping everything. Hope you had a great weekend too! 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend! I loved seeing Wicked a couple of years ago. I thought the whole show was fabulous. I think it is coming back next year so I might have to and see it again.

    Congrats on the 10K. Bummer you didn't get a medal. :(

    ReplyDelete