Thursday, May 23, 2013

Internal Conversation

Here's how my internal conversation went this morning when my alarm went off at 5am.


"Ok, Meagan. You got this! Get up!"

"Meh... ok, but give me like 1 more minute just to lay here."

"Deal."

"Ok, maybe I don't got this. Do I HAVE to go to the gym?"

"Well, you COULD go to the 6pm Spinning instead."

"Oh! I could! Yeah. That sounds good."

"But, will you really go? Plus, then you won't be home til 7:30pm and you hate that."

"Yeah... maybe I just should just skip the gym today."

"But yesterday you skipped!"

"Yeaaaaah... I so don't care."

"Ok. Deal. No gym."

{5 minutes pass with me just laying there telling myself it was OK and I could go back to sleep, but really just continuing to argue with myself.}

"Ok... FINE. I'll get up and go. You suck."

"Agreed."

Funny Confession Ecard: My mother always said only crazy people talk to themselves. C'mon dolly...speak up, I can't hear you.



And, so I went. I 100% did NOT want to go. No part of me wanted to do strength. No part of me wanted to get up. No part of me wanted to sweat.

But, I did.

5:30am Strength Class and 20 minutes on the elliptical.

Feels good to be done. I'll even admit... I'm SEMI-glad I went.

Remind me about this tomorrow when my alarm goes off again at 5am.

 


1 comment:

  1. I so need your morning motivation. I suck at getting myself out of bed. I hit the snooze alarm for about an hour. I am bad. :-(

    ReplyDelete