Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Baby T: First Trimester

Well, now that the news is out-- here's some (more) details...

Top left, Week 4 ; Top right, Week 6 ; Bottom, Week 8
No bump at all. If you think you can see one, you can't... that's all me. :) And, yes- I realize it looks like I'm wearing the SAME outfit in all the pics... I'm not. I promise. I showed a pic of me right now-ish (at almost 15 weeks) last time.


Size of Baby: The baby grew from literally nothing (obviously) to the size of a poppy seed by week 4 to the size of a lemon by week 12. Currently, at week 15 it's the size of a iPhone. How crazy is that?!?! (And, yes- I know 15 weeks is out of the first trimester... these posts are late, obviously.)

Symptoms: I lucked out, I think! No real morning sickness to speak of until mid-week 6 and even then it was minimal-ish. Basically, I just started feeling like I was hung over. Every single day. Week 4-5 I had serious cramping... enough to call the doctor, but she assured me it was normal. The cramps were keeping me up at night and just made me feel like poo. Energy has been progesssively less and less. I felt pretty normal week 4, ok week 5, and exhausted by week 6. The exhaustion stuck around through the end of the first trimester, but I've recently started feeling way better and having my normal level of energy. Sleep (or lack there of) was easily my biggest symptom. It hasn't been great, even still... seems like at least 3 days a week I wake up at 2 or 3am and am up for at least an hour. ARGH! So frustrating because I'm TIRED, just can't SLEEP. I just bought one of those body pillows and that's helping a TON. Love that sucker.

Weight Gain:  Nothing significant really during the first trimester. Clothes are definitely fitting tighter. By the end of the first trimester, I was up 1-3 pounds, depending on what time of day I weigh myself. (Note: right now, at week 15, I'm up about 4.)

Workouts: Still happening for sure, but less intense and less frequent. Still trying to get a workout in about 6 days a week. The bean and I have now run 2 half marathons, 1 10K and 1 5K together, so that's exciting! Running is beginning to feel a little uncomfortable. I think I'm going to invest in a band and see how that works. I'd LOVE to run through the whole pregnancy, but if that can't happen, no biggie. There's plenty of other ways to get a workout in.

Food Aversions: Nothing new. Bacon still sounds unappetizing, but not as gross.

Food Cravings: Again, nothing crazy. I've been able to pretty much eat as normal. I did have a craving for red meat one night, which is odd for me as I'm more of a chicken girl. But, nothing too serious. I guess I'm boring!

Foods I'm Avoiding: The same-- caffeine (ok, I still steal the occasional sip from the Hubs, I admit it!), cold deli meat, soft unpasturized cheeses, sushi (though I never ate that before... yuck!)

Strech Marks: Geez! None... yet!

Movement: None yet... but I can't wait! :)

Sleep: Bleah. Sleep has been hit or miss. Some nights I am OUT, others I toss and turn ALL. NIGHT. LONG. Ohter nights, like I mentioned above, I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep for over an hour. Bleah. Overall, the bad-sleep nights are more common than the great-sleep nights. Booooo.

Random Thoughts: The Hubs and I started reading some pregnancy books.

Well, let me rephrase. I've started reading pregnancy books. He's started reading baby books. He's not super interested in the pregnancy or labor part... at least not yet. I think he'll do a little reading on it as it gets later in the pregnancy but for now he's reading all about how to care for babies. He's adorbale. Poor guy has never even changed a diaper. Ever. I worked one summer at a day care, so I feel a little more prepared for the baby part... though those babies were minimum 8-weeks old. Big difference. Still-- I'll stick to the pregnancy books for now and he'll cover the baby books. Team work, right?

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like (minus not sleeping well) things are going pretty good. Yay!!!

    I don't think my husband has ever changed a diaper either. I think the first try would be pretty comical. Although we won't be having kids for a looooong time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could not be more excited for you guys and the little M&M!!! <3

    ~L

    ReplyDelete