Wednesday, July 24, 2013

WIAW... a week late

Am I the only one that thinks this Wednesday feels MUCH more like it should be a Friday? Why is this week moving sooooo slowly??? Rough life, I know.
 
Anyway-- it's WEDNESDAY! That means we've made it half way through the week! It also means it's What I Ate Wednesday...
 
 

I took all the pics LAST week and then just never got around to actually typing up the post. So, this is kinda a WIA(last)W. Whoops! Better a week late than never, right?? :) Let's get to it...

Breakfast: 8:30am
It's a little earlier than usual. This whole growing a baby thing has made me hungrier than usual-- I know, I didn't think it was possible either! I'm trying to eat by 8:30 or so to avoid total hangry melt down level.

The usual. And, pictureless at that. I mean-- you know what a Greek yogurt, a few handfuls of knock-off (no shame!) Special K cereal, and water look like. Excellent.

Moving on...


Snack 1: 11am
Again... to avoid a hangry situation, I've been trying to eat a little more regularly, even if I don't feel that OMG-I'm-starving level of hunger. So far, it's been working pretty well!

1 piece of whole wheat bread, toasted, with crunchy PB (and, no, not the all-natural kind. The JIFF knock-off-sooooo-good kind) with honey. Yum! Oh, and-- that coffee cup has been empty and on my desk for weeks. Whoops.


Lunch: 1:30pm
 
When I picked up the Hubs from Chicago like forever ago, I (of course) made a Trader Joe's stop. I love, love, LOVE this Egg White Salad from TJ's. SO good. And, the entire container is super low cal, but high protein. LOVE. So, I had 1/2 the container on a piece of whole wheat toast with grapes.


Snack 2: 4pm
Again in the spirit of eating smaller meals, more frequently I had another snack towards the end of the day. These lil mini Luna bars have been sitting in my desk forever, but work wonders for a quick, easy snack. Stats are pretty good too-- 70 calories and 4g of protein-- plus, they're yummy! 


Dinner: 6:30pm
I made a this ginormous lasagna forever ago and the Hubs and I slowly made our way through it for like a week solid. It was DAMN good, though. Lasagna makes the best left overs, too! We paired it with corn (straight from the can!) and a piece of homemade garlic bread (put piece of bread under broiler, when it's just the right level of toasted pull it out then rub a piece of garlic right on it... perfection). Yuuuuum.


Dessert: 8pm
Unpictured low-fat ice cream.

I mean... everyday should end with ice cream. Every. Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment