Thursday, June 12, 2014

Bailey 7 Month Update

Age: 7 months! Officially closer to a year than a newborn. Whaaaaat? When did that happen??
 

Size: Not sure on height/weight, but I'd guess about 13 pounds. She's juuuust outgrowing her 0-3 months clothes. We've worn a few 3-6 month outfits, mainly because they're going to be out of season (we were gifted a few long sleeve ones) and because I'm bored with the 0-3 month stuff and because most the 0-3 month stuff is starting to be too warm (it's almost all long sleeve). She's still comfortably in size 2 diapers. Ok, ok-- actually, they're still big. I really jumped the gun moving her up to size 2 and should have stayed in size 1 longer. Oh well.
 

Sleep: She's been pretty good this month! We started out having some making it til DWT (desired wake time) issues. I want her to get up at our DWT of 6:30am and she was getting up at 5:30am, when the Hubs and I were getting up. Nooooo, Bailey! TOO EARLY!! I started not getting up with the Hubs (mainly b/c I am lazy) and realized Bailey didn't get up either. I think she hears or smells me or something if I get up at 5:30am. When I stay in bed til 6:30, she stays in bed til 6:30am. Interesting. Weirdo child. Anyway- so, that's what we've been doing and it's working. I've changed my workout time to her first nap and all is right with the world again. She's still going down for the night at about 7pm and gets a bottle of pumped milk (about 4.5-5 ounces) at about 10:15pm from the Hubs and then is up once in the MOTN, usually about 3am. Since she goes right back down, I really don't mind the MOTN feed. Sure, I'd LOVE, LOVE, LOOOVE her to cut it, but it's cool. I think she'll cut it on her own in the next few months. Til then, I'll take the sleepy baby snuggles while the rest of the world is snoozing away.

Oh! And, very excitingly, she's slept through the night three times during this month. A pattern? Nope. But, hey- I'll take those nights when they come! And, I think it's a good sign that that pattern MIGHT be getting close!!



Nursing: Same. As is good. I'm counting down the moments til I can stop pumping, but it's all good. Very, very happy with how great our nursing relationship has gone. We're still nursing the same number of times: 6:30am, 9:30am, 12:30pm, 3:30pm, 6:30pm, then a bottle from the Hubs at 10:15pm and a MOTN nursing session usually sometime around 3:30am. 

Likes: Oh, she's a Daddy's girl through and through. He gets home from work and girl lights up. He makes her giggle nonstop. I love it.

She still loves Sadie too. Poor Sadie is such a good sport. Baileys idea of "playing with the dog" consists of trying to eat the dogs ears and grab the dogs eyes. Fun. They are the cutest together. I'm trying to teach Sadie the "babysit" command (aka- come here and let Bailey torture you). She hasn't picked it up just yet. We'll get there.

 


She also loves being on her belly, trying to crawl and  stand, smiling this big, toofy grin, trying to turn the pages of a book, being on her belly, chewing on EVERYHING especially her sippy cup and her hands, her feet and bathtime.




Dislikes: The darn carseat. I think this will be a carseat-lifelong struggle. She also gets very, very grumpy the minute the clock strikes 6:25pm (aka: time to change into jammies and start nursing). I don't know what it is. Doesn't matter what we're doing, how late she napped or ate last... she just hates bedtime, but then goes down super easily. Have I mentioned she's a weirdo? It's cool. It was bound to happen with us as her parents.

New This Month/Special Moments/Milestones: This was a BIG month for Bailey! She has started....

-Solids! We've done mainly Baby Led Weaning and have gone with regular food. We do also give her baby cereal, as the doctor suggested it to ensure B gets grains. She LOVES the cereal, so no complaints here. We've tried avocado, waffle, apple, peach, sweet potato (her favorite), banana, baby mums/puffs, and baby food pureed prunes, mixed veggie, and squash. Girl wanted almost nothing to do with any of the purees.


-Drinking water out of a sippy cup

-Sitting up on her own. She's still wobbly... she just has very little interest in sitting up. She'd much rather stand or try to crawl.



-Sitting in a high chair at a restaurant

-Swimming in a pool


Girl has been BUSY. She is thiiiiiiis close to crawling, too. Girl is working on it so hard and gets so frustrated that she just hasn't quite figured out the mechanics. I'm pretty sure she'll have it down by the end of this month for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment