Sunday, June 8, 2014

Weekly Workout Recap: 6/1-6/7

Weekly Workout Recap: 6/1-6/7

Sunday, 6/1: 4 mile walk w/ the Fam 
Monday, 6/2: 8MA8MA & 2 mile walk w/ the Fam
Tuesday, 6/3: 6.5 mile walk & Bob Harpers "Ultimate Cardio Body" 60-minute workout
Wednesday, 6/4: None (OMG I WAS SO SORE FROM THE DAY BEFORE. OMG.)
Thursday, 6/5: 3.5 mile walk & 8MA8MA
Friday, 6/6: 20 minutes of Bob Harpers DVD & 4.25 mile walk
Saturday, 6/7: 25 minutes of Bob Harpers DVD & 2 mile walk

 
Pretty good week! The Hubs and I are trying to get back into our groove of going for walks after work. It's tougher with Baileybug, as we have her bedtime to think of and such so definitely not going for any 4+ milers, but trying to go for a couple miles most nights. It's such good family bonding time! Plus, I really do want Bailey to grow up thinking going for walks and being active and such is just NORMAL. It's just what our family does. Like eating. Or sleeping. It's just a normal, no-big-deal, daily activity.

Other than walks, I tried to get some sort of strength done each day and did pretty good! I'd love, love, LOVE to get some jogging stroller runs back in, but by the time B and I can get out in the morning (after nursing and solids and nap 1 and like 12 diaper changes, etc.) it's too hot now! Yes, I just complained about heat even after the polar vortex winter we had. Bleah. I'm thinking of adjusting B's schedule soon so we'll see if that helps or makes it even more impossible. Time will tell! Til then, running will just be a do-it-when-I-can kinda thing. I'm sure if I really, really wanted to, I could cut the excuses and just make it work. For now, I'm 100% OK and enjoying walks and home workouts. To me, working out is something I ENJOY and do for FUN. Right now, walks and home workouts are that. Tomorrow, running maybe that and I'll run then. I'm a firm believer in doing what you WANT to do so it doesn't feel like torture.

No comments:

Post a Comment