Thursday, June 5, 2014

Holy Moly! Hello, DOMS!

Wowza.

I interrupt your normally scheduled Thursday to let you know if you're looking for a KILLER workout, I've got one for you.

Run (don't walk!) to your local library (or, ya know... to your computer and to Amazon.com if you'd like to buy it based solely on my recommendation) and rent this DVD.
 
(Side note: Did you know you can check out workout DVDs from your library? Apparently this isn't widely known. So, now you know! My community service for the day is done. You're welcome.)

Please ignore my one random, badly in need of a pedicure foot that snuck into the shot.
 
 
OMG. Seriously. I know I JUST complained about being OMG-SO-SORE after the half this weekend, but seriously. That has nothing on this. I had to lower myself to the toilet with my hands because my legs were so sore. SO. MANY. LUNGES AND SQUATES. More than I've done like ever. Holy moly.
 
It's a 60-minute workout, which I was not expecting. Maybe I should have actually read the back of it before checking it out from the library? Whatever. I likely wouldn't have gotten it if I had know that, so it's a good thing I didn't read.
 
Anyway- I was gonna quit 10 minutes in. For real. That's how hard core it is. Then, I made it to 10 minutes and decided I'd give it 20, as that's how long Jillian is and that's my normal length workout these days. At the 20 minute mark, I thought I should just do 1/2 the DVD and then the next day I'd do the second half. You get the point. I ended up doing the whole thing. WOOOOWZA. It is HARD CORE.
 
You don't need any equipment except hand weights.
  

Don't let the bigger weights fool you. I used the smaller 8-pounders the whole time. And it was PLENTY. I had to stop a few times to catch my breath. I was DRIPPING with sweat. WOAH. Anyway- it's a good workout DVD. Bob Harper isn't annoying as shit like 99% of workout DVD people. It's quick... ok, yes it's 60 minutes , but he breaks it up and you're doing LOTS of different stuff, so it goes by quick. There is a decent amount of jumping, which I don't really dig as I live on the 2nd floor of an apartment building and don't want to bug my neighbors, so I adjusted and ran in place or did mountain climbers.

Anyway, I give it 2 very enthusiastic thumbs up. Even if I still, 2 days later, can't sit without assistance and going down stairs makes me wonder if I legit broke my leg. Hurts so good. I'll definitely be checking this DVD out again in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, like I said, this scares me a bit! I am not sure I could make the full hour. I think I have one of his DVD's and I'll have to check to see if I've given it a go or not. Typical in my world, buy something and then forget that I have it. Netflix also has some work out videos!

    ReplyDelete