Tuesday, May 22, 2012

5 Stiches Later

Yesterday I had a doctor’s appointment to have a “suspicious looking mole” removed. 5 stiches later, the sucker is gone and off to be biopsied. I’m not too concerned, but to say that it’s not a little nerve wracking would be a lie. I was going to take a pic of it… when the Hubs said it looked pretty “gnarly” I decided to spare you all. To the two people you read this, you’re welcome. 

I did, of course, ask how this would affect the whole I love to run thing. The doc said I should be able to run today and as much as I’d like as long as it didn’t hurt.

I was thiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to going straight to the gym to do a light hour on the elliptical right after I left the doctor’s office, but I decided it was on the side of crazy to workout less than 5 minutes after having your leg literally cut into. Good choice, Meagan.

I also got blood work back on my tummy-issues. It’s kinda complicated and essentially the results are inconclusive, so I’m going to keep using the benefiber and see how things keep feeling. If they still feel crummy over the next month, I’ll schedule a meeting with a GI. Uuuugh. I swear, I’ve seen been to the doctors (and/or dentist) over the last year than I have in my entire life… total. And, I’m OVER it.

So, that’s really all that’s new with me. Life’s pretty boring right now. I did 10 miles on Sunday. 10 very sweaty, hot miles. I went to a non-noteworthy spinning class yesterday. I skipped my morning workout today because I didn’t get to bed til after midnight (gasp! That’s even after my WEEKEND bedtime!!). So, I forgo the sweat session for extra sleep. I think I’ll get in a few miles after work… but, to be honest the leg is definitely not feeling great, so we’ll see.

Sorry for no pics today. I'm lame, I know.

1 comment:

  1. Umm, waaaaay more than 2 people read this - I can count 3 for sure that are avid readers =) Can't wait to see you Friday, darling! ~L

    ReplyDelete