Wednesday, March 13, 2013

WIAW: 3/12/13


As a reminder, What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW) is just a fun way to show/track what you eat/drink in any given day. For this weekend edition, I used Tuesday, March 12, 2013. As always, thanks to the brain power behind this operation,  our host!

 
Breakfast @ 9:30am:
Greek yogurt (yes, the Wal-Mart brand kind. Trust me when I say-- spend the extra $.08 cents and buy Chobani or Yoplait or something. This kind is not so good.) with Honey Nut Cheerios Medley Crunch mixed in and a big, giant coffee. Told you this is what I have every.single.day. for breakfast. It's an adventurous day when I try a new type of cereal or yogurt flavor. Watch out, world. I am just so exciting.


Lunch @ 1:30pm:
 Egg salad. SUPER easy (read: LAZY) egg salad. Basically, I made 4 hard boiled eggs (Put eggs in pot and cover with water. Bring to boil. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat and cover. Let sit for 11 minutes. Done. Boom.), ditched half their yolks (which I then fed to Sadie who LOVED them!!), and then diced the rest of the yolks and all the whites and then mixed all that with a generous squirt of low-fat chipotle mayo. Add some s&p and a little chili powder (what can I say, I like things spicy!). DONE. It makes me lunch for 3 days. Turns out now that I've gotten over my irrational fear of making hard boiled eggs, I can't stop making them. I'm such a freak.  

Anyway-- for lunch I had said egg sald on 2 pieces of homemade bread. Add some carrots, a sugarfree snackpack (STILL OBSESSED), and a Diet Cherry Coke (my one each day). I brought an apple, but 1 bite it I pitched it because it wasn't crunchy. I'm an apple snob.

Snack @ 2:30pm:
 OMG- I know, I'm SOOOOO healthy. Baked Cheetos, FTW. 


Dinner @ 7PM:
 The Hubs and I have SO MUCH left overs in our fridge right now, but we also took chicken out of the freezer to thaw over the weekend that we planned to cook Sunday and didn't, so that had to get cooked last night. 
We had some left over cooked bacon, so I stuffed each chicken breast with some bacon and some reduced fat chive onion cream cheese, then coated each breast in panko bread crumbs.
 
We also had some Brussels sprouts that were going to bad too, so I sliced/diced those up really thin and then sauteed those with a little EVOO, a spoonful of brown sugar and some diced almonds. DELICIOUS! I used to HATE Brussels sprouts, but served this way they are SO good.
I also had a sweet potato (which I cooked in the crock pot on Sunday) with a sliver of butter (the real stuff!!), a sprinkle of cinnamon and a spoonful of brown sugar. It was so, so, so good. YUUUUUUUUM. I devoured this plate.
 
 
Snack @ 8:15PM:
Even though I was really full from dinner, I couldn't get the idea of some "trail mix" (aka: almonds, mini marshmellows, raisins and chocolate chips) out of my head, so I had to have some. If I get the idea of something in my head sometimes it just will not go away until I just cave in and have it. This was one of those times. Worth every bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment