Tuesday, February 12, 2013

All Over the Place

Be warned. This post is gonna be all over the place. It's just one of those kinda days.

I ran 8.5 miles on the TM before work yesterday.
Seemed like a great idea at the time. I didn't get a long run in over the weekend, there was no morning gym class... seemed kinda perfect. Yeaaaah. Turns out 8.5 miles (oh, and did I mention that I did 8- 800's all at sub 3:50 for speed work because I'm STILL OBSESSED??) is a long way and really freaking wore me out. I was EXHAUSTED all day. I almost fell asleep at my desk. I went over to the gym at lunch and did 45 minutes on the elliptical. I was hoping it'd wake me the F up and mostly I just wanted to watch an episode of Dawson's Creek on the iPad. It did kinda wake me up and I did get to watch some classic 90s melodrama, so it was a win.
 
 
Speaking of Dawson's Creek... Katie Holmes totally ran a marathon.

Wanna know what's even more BA than the fact that she ran one (because-- don't hate... she may be kinda nutso, I mean-- she DID marry Tom Cruise-- but, whatever-- she DID RUN A FREAKING MARATHON)?? That I RAN ONE FASTER! She finished in 5:29. I'm just saying... I finished an hour earlier. Boom.

Moving on... the inside of my nose hurts. Right nostril, in case you were dying to know. I don't know what it is... it's not red, I don't feel a bump. Yes, I stuck my finger up my nose to feel (don't pretend like you wouldn't have too). And have continued to stick a finger up my nose about every 10 seconds to see if it still hurts-- it does. I'm dumb.

Last night the Hubs and I met with our financial planner. Just the fact that we HAVE a financial planner makes me feel very, very old. And way too grown up. Like, suddenly I'm not allowed to be an irresponsible person anymore because someone else would know. Keep in mind I couldn't even tell you the last time (if ever?) I truly did something that dramatically "irresponsible"... but, somehow knowing someone else sees all my shit now makes me all panic-y about it. And makes me WANT to do something irresponsible. Totally logical, right??

It's supposed to rain/snow all weekend. Which will lead to yet another long run-less weekend. I know I SHOULD be upset about it... but, I'm kinda not. Not even a little. Hopefully I'm just a little burnt out and will get back to my normal long run loving self soon.

Speaking of running-- turns out speed work makes me freaking HUNGRY. Like, more hungry than after a long run. Weird.

Alright... I feel like I've officially rambled enough for today.


4 comments:

  1. Oh fun! I beat her too! Umm, can we also talk about her lack of a supportive sports bra? I can only imagine how much the girls were screaming for all 5 hours and 29 mins! Nice miles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY for beating random celebrties!! LOL. And, yes-- WHAT THE F??? How can she NOT be wearing a bra?!?!?

      Delete
  2. Sorry your nose hurts! I hope that it feels better soon.
    Katie also looks like she ran her marathon sans sports bra. I bet you wore won of those :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thanks!

      I have NO idea how she didn't wear a bra. I DEFINITELY wore one of those. I'm speechless that it looks like she didn't. SPEEEEECHLESS.

      Delete