2. Yup, still on a full-blown Dawson's Creek obsession. Just finished Season 2. I didn't realize this when I watched it when I was like 16, but OMG, Dawson's SUCH a whiney little boy. I wanna punch him like 95% of the time he talks.
3. Who is wearing this?!?!? And, paying almost $50 for this?? Ewwwww. Come on, Gap. You can do better than this.
4. Sign up for the Chicago Marathon opened (and likely sold out) this week. I can't lie and say I didn't have to physically stop myself from going to the website and typing in my credit card number. I mean-- I know i don't WANT to sign up... but, I kinda do. But, I don't. But, I do. But, I really don't. Really.
SO glad this didn't happen last year. I would have freaked the F out for sure. I hope the issues get solved quickly and that it doesn't screw up too many people's plans.
6. Interesting article... Do you scare yourself? Who would cry at your funeral? Do I spend money instead of time? Interesting indeed.
7. I bought a box of this because I had a coupon last week.
It's actually surprisingly OK. I wouldn't say GOOD... but, definitely OK. I throw a handful of cereal into my Greek yogurt every morning for breakfast and this gives a good crunch and adds a suttle chocolate flavor, all for less calories than most cereals (even Special K, a "diet" cereal, has 120 calories for the same serving size) and more fiber than most (Special K has 3g fiber, though to be fair it does also have 1 more gram of protein than this FiberOne cereal does). I'd buy it again.
8. Yet another interesting article.
Is more always better?As a self-proclaimed sweat-junkie, it's interesting to think that LESS exercise might be better than MORE.
9. Song of choice this week: Restless Heart by Matt Hires. I got it for free (did you know iTunes has 1 "Single of the Week" each week that you can download for free?) and I am OBSESSED. Love, love, love.
10. Bad celebrity look of the week: (source)
Oh, Vanessa Hudgens. You're a hot mess. How did you think that dress was at all flattering? Nooooo.
11. Good celebrity looks (I figured let's do 2 of the good-- ever the optimist) of the week: (source)
While I think Ashley Benson (left) is FAR overdressed for that event, I still love the dress. And, Kate Beckinsale (right) looks amazing in all white.
12. I'm having lunch today with one of my old supervisors from Grad School. I can't believe it's been over 4 years since I graduated grad school. Time just freaking flies, huh?
(For the record, no I didn't wear jeans to the ceremony... I think it was raining the day of the ceremony or something so we didn't take pics that day, so this is the next day. Anyway- how stinking cute is my nephew walking next to me in that pic? He looks like he's walking like such a tough guy. I love it. I'm kinda obsessed with that kid. Like, a lot.)
13. Speaking of food... I made a pretty BA, random dinner last night, if I do say so myself.
Pizza Quinoa Muffins! RANDOM, yes. Delicious, YES. I based the recipe on this, but "based" is a very loose term. Basically, I cooked up 1 cup of Quinoa. Then, mixed that (once it cooled a bit) with 1 egg, 1 egg white, a pinch of reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese, a heaping sprinkle of red-fat parm cheese (the fancy kind from the plastic green jar), some (notice, I don't really measure... sorry) dried oregano, basil, garlic powder, &onion salt, 2 minced garlic cloves, and some left over cooked sausage. Then, pack spoonfuls into muffin tin (which was sprayed with cooking spray). Cook at 350* for about 18-20 minutes. Serve with pizza sauce on side for dipping. YUM!
14. I won a blog giveaway! WOOWOO! This is the 3rd thing I've won on random blogs... I won some protein drinks, a pair of Mizuno shoes (best win evvver!!), and now 2 fancy head bands from Sweaty Bands off the Coffee Cake and Cardio blog. Thanks, Ashley!!!
As you can probably guess, the ones on the left are the 2 fancy, cute new ones I received. The kinda sad, ugly looking one on the right is one of the ones I use basically everyday that I bought legit like 4 years ago for $5 for a pack of 10 from Wal-Mart or something. My old ones work awesome, but they're not exactly cute. The Sweaty Bands ones looks super cute and work. Win, win! Thanks, Ashley!!!
15. And since no "15-Thing Friday" post could be complete without a picture of Sadie, let's go ahead and end with that, shall we?
We only have 1 more class left of obedience school! Our little girl is getting so big!! She graduates (complete w/ a cap!) this Wednesday. Time just flies. :)