Just another average Tuesday in these parts...
Up FAR too early to take Sadie out before hitting the gym for a 5:30am Signature Strength class.
Ugh... 4:55am is WAAAAY too early. I used to get up at 5, lay in bed for about 5 minutes and actually get outta bed at about 5:05. Now, with the doggy, I gotta get up right when the alarm goes off which gives me just enough time to pee (tmi?), brush my teeth, change, take Sadie out for a quick 5 minute walk/pee break for her (tmi again?), feed her, grab my shit and get out the door by 5:15am. The gym is a 10 minutes drive (well, at 5am when there are no other cars on the road it is) so I'm there juuuusy before the class starts. Perfect timing, down to the T.
Signature Strength was ROUGH this morning. I mean, my arms were legit SHAKING while I was shampooing my hair after class. Wowza. I don't remember everything we did, but I do remember the warm up was 30 squats, 20 alt lunges, 10 push-ups-- repeated all 3 times. Usually we use small, handheld dumbbells (I use 10 pounds) in class, but today we used kettlebells (I used 25 pounds). We did a TON of k-ball swings, bicep curls, lunges, squats, push ups, Russian twists, sit ups, chest presses and more. Too much to remember. TOO much, period. I am gonna be SORE tomorrow. Kicked my ass, but in a good way. I skipped the short TM run after, since I did 11 miles yesterday and plan to run during lunch today.
Other than that... nothing really to report. Oh! Except that I started watching the new season of The Biggest Loser. I have a love/hate relationship with this show, but now that Jillian's back, you KNOW I'm watching this season.
A few thoughts on BL this season thus far....
1. I LOVE me some Jillian Michaels. LOVE. Like, seriously girl/fitness expert crush. I'd LOVE to be trained by her. Seriously. She can yell at me all day. Jillian comes
off as a BEAST (aka: bitch) on this show, but I love it. That's exactly
how I'd want a trainer to be. YELL AT ME! It'd definitely motivate me.
2. I also have a serious crush on Bob. He's so darn cute. And hard core. Dulvett's freaking hot too and trains like a pro (maybe b/c he is?? Duh, Meagan.). Ok, ok-- fine. I'll take any of them. If you insist.
3. Not sure how I feel about the kids part of the show yet. Love the idea. Not sure how it'll be executed.
4. I admit it, the show almost made me cry a couple times. I didn't, but it was close.
5. Were there this many medic's there the first day every season? Good God! It looked like people were legit about to die. That's a bit crazy, but I loved it.
6. Lastly-- PLEASE, can I PLEASE do a last chance workout? Seriously. I wanna be a contestant on that show so bad. SIGN ME UP. The yelling. The puke. The swearing. The sweat. The exhaustion. SIGN ME UP NOW. Is it f-ed up that they look like FUN to me? Like, FUN fun.
Alright... so, that's about it in my life right now. Gym. Eat. Work. Eat. Home. Eat. Hubs. Sadie. Rinse, repeat.