1. Is it just me or is the gym like crazy quiet and empty on Friday mornings?
This was my gym this morning. NOT A SINGLE PERSON in the cardio section. WTF? Is Friday a universal rest day? Why? Wouldn't you rather rest on a Sunday or something? Not that I do... in fact, I used to take my rest day's on Friday's too. Weird. What is it about Friday that screams DO NOT WORKOUT?? For the record, today I did 60 BORING minutes on the elliptical. And, it wasn't until 49 minutes (I looked) in that someone else got on another machine.
2. People are pissed Justin Beiber didn't get nominated for a Grammy. I'm just saying... have these people LISTENED to his music? I mean.... I'm not saying it's BAD. I'm not even saying I haven't hummed along to one of the songs when it comes on the radio. They're catchy! But.... Grammy worthy? Come on. It's Justin Beiber. Plus, he dresses like this. I mean, enough said. No Grammy for you.
3. In other Grammy news-- Kelly Clarkson was nominated for Record of the Year. Girl's already won a bunch of Grammy's, but hey-- I love me some Kelly Clarkson, so I say the more the merrier.
4. Random side note: I never watched Kelly Clarkson on American Idol and didn't like her til much later. I do LOVE her last 2 CD's though.
5. Random side note #2: I've never watched a single episode of American Idol. Or So You Think You Can Dance. Or America's Got Talent. Or The X-Factor. Or Dancing With The Stars. Or any shows remotely related to those. Just not my thing. At all.
6. So, I'm teaching this semester. Turns out, teaching requires a freaking crap-ton of grading.
Me and this stack of papers have big plans this weekend. Speaking of papers-- if I read one more paper from a student that uses contractions, I might scream. It's a PAPER. You can't write "don't" or "can't" in a paper. SPELL IT OUT. How hard is that?? Seriously.
7. Why are people saying Paris Hilton is "back"?? Why?? Does anyone WANT her to be "back"? Was she really ever that here? Ew. People are raving about her dress below and talking about how amazing she looks. Am I the only one who thinks it's just kinda meh? And I could 100% do without a Paris Hilton come back. Thanks, but I'm cool on that.
9. Haha. This is funny. I mean-- it's an iPhone case that looks like an ice cream sandwich. What's not funny about that?!?!
10. How is it possible that I just learned this movie was shot live-action? I mean, obviously-- but, live as in-- they SUNG while it was shot. Live. No recording studio and lip syncing. I cannot accurately describe how freaking excited I am to see this movie. And, how freaking hardcore does Anne Hathaway look? LOVE it. OBSESSED with it. Cannot wait.
11. I have back to back long run plans this weekend. Ambitious, given the whole knee starting to maybe kinda hurt again (Oh? I haven't mentioned that? Yeaaaah. It's baaaaack. I'm not happy about it. Kinda refusing to think/talk about it at the moment. I'll keep you posted though.) and the whole rain in the forecast thing. But, I'm still planning. 11 Saturday, 10 Sunday. We'll see.
12. I'm obsessed with the idea of this skirt from Banana Republic. I feel like I couldn't pull it off, but I love the idea of it.
13. The Hubs and I are trying to adopt a dog through a local shelter. This is more complicated than one might think. I think we may have a few options. I'm hoping to go meet one tomorrow. Apparently things move semi-quickly after you actually pick one and apply. Stay tuned. We may have a new furry addition to our fam soon!
14. So, this site has a list of "7 Winter Dating Ideas". Issue #1 I have with this article: #6 on the list is "Stay In and Snuggle". Now, I'm all for doing this... the Hubs and I do frequently, as a matter of fact. HOWEVER, since when is this a "date"?? And, more over-- why is it a WINTER date? You're not allowed to stay in and snuggle during the summer? Fall? Spring? Issue #2 I have with this article: Do guys actually read this?? I mean, it's on the guyism.com website. MEN have to be their audience, right? I can with 100% certainty guarantee the Hubs would NEVER, ever click to read an article with that title. Never. Issue #3: #1 on this articles list is "Doin' It". See my issue #1. Enough said.
15. It's Friday. FINALLY.