Thursday, April 5, 2012

Great Expectations

I had great intentions this morning. Great. I had all my running stuff set out the night before and was going to get up (at 4:52am!!) to meet some members local running group at 5:15am to run. They meet every Tuesday/Thursday at 5:15 and run about 6 miles. I’ve gone a few times before, but am not by any means a regular yet. 

So, I set out all my running gear last night (pants, shirt, long sleeve shirt, Garmin, water bottle, socks, shoes) and turned on my alarm.



This morning it went off and I got up! Step number 1: Get out of bed. I didn’t sleep great so I was sluggish, but ready to run. I brushed my teeth, got dressed, filled my water bottle, and got out of the door by 5:05am. I pulled into our the parking lot at our meeting place place at about 5:12am and immediately felt worrisome. Every time I’ve gone in the past about 4 women show up, but there’s always the same 2 who are always the first there. The parking lot was empty. I waited for a solid 5 minutes and then called it. No run for me this morning. Sweat session fail.



Now I know I COULD have run by alone still. I could have just run solo but, I don’t run by myself in the dark. And, it was DARK. Well, minus the little light the MOON was giving off. Note to self: Yes, the MOON is still out at 5:15am. Brutal. So, I went back to bed. I could have gone to my gym, but I didn’t bring my gym bag so I wouldn’t have been able to shower after and get to work on time. When I got back home, I curled on the couch and just kinda dozed in and out for another hour. So, now I gotta try to get myself out there after work. I’m definitely a MORNING workout person. I can talk myself out of working out 9 times out of 10 if it’s after work. We’ll see if it happens tonight…

No comments:

Post a Comment