Monday, June 11, 2012

Weekly Workout Recap (6/4-6/10) (Marathon Training Week 2)


"That's the thing about running: your greatest runs are rarely measured by racing success. They are moments in time when running allows you to see how wonderful your life is."
-Kara Goucher


Since I'm officially in training mode (scary!!), I figured I'd try to compare what was on my training schedule to what I actually did throughout training. Actual in red. Training plan in blue.

Weekly Workout Recap (6/4-6/10): (Marathon Training Week 2)
Monday, 6/4: 60-minute Spinning Class & 5 miles on TM in 47:43 (9:32 pace) & 20 minutes on elliptical (1.8 miles) {Spinning and 4 miles}
Tuesday, 6/5: 60-minute Signature Strength Class & 2 miles on TM in 19:00 (9:30 pace) & 5 miles on indoor track in 46:50 (9:22 pace)  {Signature Strength}
Wednesday, 6/6: 60-minute Spinning Class & 2 Sand Volleyball Games  {Spinning and 4 miles}
Thursday, 6/7: 7 miles outside in 1:06:18 (9:28 pace) & 60-minute Spinning Class  {5 miles}
Friday, 6/8: 60-minutes on elliptical (5.5 miles) & 60-minutes on elliptical (5.5 miles)  {Rest} *Note: I intentionally switched Friday and Sunday's plans because I knew I'd traveling Sunday.
Saturday, 6/9: 11 miles in 1:06:11 (9:44 pace) {10 mile LR}
Sunday, 6/10: Rest {Cross- 60 minutes}

Totals for Week:

30 Miles Run {23 miles}
3 Spinning Classes {2 Spinning classes}
1 Signature Strength Class {1 Signature Strength class}
170 Minutes on Elliptical (12.8 miles) {60 minutes cross)}

2 Sand Volleyball Games {Not part of training plan}

So, what I'm seeing-- just in week 2-- is that I'm doing MUCH more than my training plan calls for. While I realize it's likely better than not doing enough, I also realize it might not be the world's greatest plan. We'll see. I'm not shooting for some mega speedy marathon, so I'm not overly concerned about wearing myself out in that sense. I just really ENJOY spinning and strength classes and ellipticalling at lunch (better that than sitting at my desk, right??) and... oh yeah-- RUNNING! So, we'll see. I'm definitely not an expert on anything running or marathon training related, so I'm just gonna keep playing it by ear.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, man. My muscles are cramping just by reading this....

    ReplyDelete