Monday, July 9, 2012

Highlights and 4 miles

I'm not going to recap the whole weekend. Let's just hit the highlights and call it a day. And, no-- I didn't take any pics. The whole weekend. Blogger fail.

Highlight #1: Buying a used kitchen table/chairs off Craigslist. SCORE! It's SOLID wood (none of that composite crap they sell now) and we talked her down from $100 to $75. Score.

Highlight #2: Went to a killer "Unleashed" class at the gym Saturday morning. KILLER. It's similar to Crossfit and an Insanity-based workout. I was literally drenched in sweat. I made sweat puddles. Yes, with the 's'. PuddleS-- plural. It was awesome. Best part? The Hubs agreed to go with me... and he liked it!

Highlight #3: Got a pedicure with my mother-in-law as a belated Mother's Day gift. Not only are my toes now freshly painted and my legs freshly massaged, I got to spend an hour and a half of quality MIL-time. Best afternoon ever.

Highlight #4: The Hubs and I went to a small, local Michigan beach town Sunday after a 5 mile walk. We had greasy burgers and ice cream in cones bigger than our heads and walked around the beach for about a mile and a half. Perfection. Minus the 2 ginormous blisters I got because I wore flip flops and my feet were sweating. Boo. They hurt like crazy today. But, the burgers, ice cream, and company were far worth it.

Highlight #5: Homemade pizza Sunday night. AND, a documentary about the Chicago Marathon. I don't remember the name of it... the Hubs found it on Netflix Instant. My heart was literally racing as I watched it. I flipped between extreme excitement and so many nerves I about crapped my pants. It wasn't a fabulous documentary or anything, but it definitely made my heart happy and reminded me why I love to run and I'll definitely be watching it again before the marathon. If you want the name of it, let me know and I'll ask the Hubs.

All in all, a fabulous weekend.

Then, I started my week off with my typical Monday morning sweat session: 60 minute Spinning class. I went to do my quick 2-miles on the treadmill, but 2 steps in and something just didn't feel right so I stopped. I woke up BEYOND sore, even though yesterday was a rest day. Weird. I'm hoping it's just some DOMS action from Unleashed Saturday. I hit the indoor track at lunch (fully prepared to elliptical it if something still felt off) and got 4 miles at about 9:40s in. I felt tight and not 100%, but nothing immediately screamed like earlier. I could have done more, but didn't want to push it, so I called it at 4 and then hopped on the elliptical for a 15 minute cool down. Thankfully, the run helped pull me out of a bad case of the Monday's and now I'm riding the slight runners high through the rest of the day. Left over homemade pizza and possibly another Craigslist find should help too! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment