Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekly Workout Recap (7/16-7/22)- Marathon Training Week 8

"Like the marathon, life can sometimes be difficult, challenging and present obstacles, however if you believe in your dreams and never ever give up, things will turn out for the best."
-Meb Keflezighi, U.S. Oympic marathoner

Weekly Workout Recap (7/16-7/22)- Marathon Training Week 8:
(reminder: actual in red, plan in blue)
Monday (7/16): Spinning & 2 miles & 4 miles & 4.15 mile walk {Spinning & 5miles}
Tuesday (7/17):  Signature Strength & 2.5 miles & 5 miles {Signature Strength}
Wednesday (7/18):  Spinning & 2.5 miles & 5 miles {Spinning & 5 miles}
Thursday (7/19): 6 miles & 10 min. elliptical {7 miles}
Friday (7/20): Rest {Rest}
Saturday (7/21): 11 mile LR {10 mile LR}
Sunday (7/22): 60 min. elliptical {Cross Train- 90 min.}

Totals for Week 8:
38 Miles Run {27 Miles}
2 Spinning Classes {2 Spinning Classes}
1 Signature Strength Class {1 Signature Strength Class}
70 Minutes on Elliptical {90 min. Cross Train}
4.15 Miles Walked {None on plan}
1 Rest Days {1 Rest Day}

Week 8 of 19, DONE and DONE! 11 weeks to go!



How I felt...
Body- I was OK til about Wednesday. Then, Thursday was ROUGH. Friday morning I woke up and felt like I got hit by a truck. I was beyond exhausted. My body just felt WORN DOWN and sore every where. Thank goodness Friday was a rest day. Saturday I felt 100x better. Proof rest days are NECESSARY.  
Energy Level- Pretty much same as body. I was fine til Thursday evening, when I crashed HARD. I was just exhausted. I can't even remember the last time I felt that exhausted and just drained. By Saturday, I felt back to myself. Sadly, I moved all weekend so I started this week off tired already, so something tells me it's going to be a long week.
Hunger- Pretty normal. Saturday it was OUT OF CONTROL though. I did an 11 miler in the morning and then we moved all afternoon. I didn't snack at all, but MAN! I was starving all day. Had I not been busy and distracted all day, I would have eaten evvvverything I could get my hands on.
Mental- Saturday's long run was great. I felt recharged and the temps were great and I felt fast and just amazing. It was a huge mental boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment