Wednesday, July 11, 2012

WIAW - Round 12

Woah! Can't believe it's already Wednesday! Though the week has gone by pretty quick, I am beyond ready for the weekend. At least we're half way there!

My spins and my feet have been killing me lately, so I took yesterday off from running, even sleeping in and skipping my morning workout (gasp!) in favor of extra rest. I still got 45 minutes in on the elliptical yesterday during lunch and the Hubs and I went for a 4 mile walk last night. Definitely a lighter day, but not a total rest day either. Win, win. I even did a little quality stretching at my desk. Tennis ball style.

Nothing makes your coworkers look at you like more of a weirdo than stretching your arches out with a tennis ball in the middle of the day.

Anyway-- I started my Wednesday off with a quality spinning class (pushed myself harder than normal! I was drenched by the end!) and 2.5 speedy miles (8:11 average pace!!) on the TM to see how the arches and shins were feeling. Still a little sore, but not nearly as bad. It felt good to go fast!! the arches were almost good as new. The shins felt pretty much normal, but did feel a little more sore post-run. I'm gonna take my mid-day run slooooow to give everything a little more rest(ish). I swear it makes sense in my head.

___________________________________________________________________________

Ok, onto WIAW....

As a reminder, WIAW is all thanks to this girl. The idea behind it is to share a full days meals/snacks/etc. in its entirety. This is my Tuesday via my belly.
 
 
Breakfast: About 2 egg whites, 1 piece reduced fat colby cheese (split in half for each side), and a TJ's sandwich thin, coffee (unpictured)
 
 
Snack: Apple slices and coffee
 
 
Lunch: Sabra Roasted Red Pepper humus, special K chips/pretzels, carrots, pear, and a diet pepsi 
 
 
Snack: Special K Fruit Crisp and water


Dinner: I made quiona for the first time yesterday! It was a spin on some Mac and Cheese Quinoa receipe I saw somewhere on Pinterest. Basically, while the quiona was cooking (2 cups quiona, 4 cups water. Bring to boil. Reduce to simmer for 15ish minutes til soft/done). Meanwhile, I sauteed onion, red, yellow, and orange peppers with 2 garlic cloves using just cooking spray til a bit (not too much... they still had a decent crunch). I added thawed frozen spinach to the peppers when they were almost done. Then, when quiona is done, add pepper mix and quiona together in a big bowl with 1.5-2 cups reduced fat cheddar cheese, 2 eggs (I used 2 eggs and 1 egg white, actually), and 1.5 cup skim milk. Add some salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, season salt, etc. Whatever floats your boat. Pour whole mix into sprayed pan. Top with panko bread crumbs. Bake at 350* for 30 minutes. EAT.
It was good! It was a little bland, so I think next time I'd use maybe goat cheese and/or go a little heavier on the salt/pepper. But, it was still really good. We have SOOOOO much left overs. Like, 6 full meals left of leftovers. I only had 1 plate full, this is just 2 different angles. I promise! However, that serving is definitely at least as big, if not bigger, than it looks. It was actually really filling and a great veggie and protein filled, meatless meal. It wasn't as quick and easy as I would have liked, but if I use the rice cooker to make the quiona and pre-chop the vegggies, that'd help a lot. I'll definitely make it again with some small tweaks.


Dessert: The Hubs and I went for a walk (4.35 miles!) and made a fro-yo pit stop midway through. I went with my classic: SF vanilla fro-yo with Reese PB cups. Some may say boring, I say OMG SO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment