Wednesday, July 25, 2012

WIAW - Boring Edition

While I'd love to say that this What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW) is going to be mind-blowing-ly different and exciting, it's not. Not even a little bit. In fact, this might be one of the most boring WIAW's ever. Ever. Here goes nothing. Don't say you weren't warned.


Breakfast: Peach Chobani enjoyed in the car (don't worry-- I was at a red light when I snapped this pic-- I promise!) on the way to a off-campus meeting. Told you, SO exciting. For the record, this flavor is one of my FAVORITES. Delicious. Real peaches? Gross. Chobani Peach? Amazingly yummy. You heard it here first.

Little did I know, there would be DOUGHNUTS at the meeting I was attending. Oh so many delicious looking, doughy, yummy doughnuts. Ready to be impressed? I didn't have a SINGLE one. Yup. Mark your calendar because I'm pretty sure that's the MOST self restraint I've ever had and it will likely never, ever happen again. Ever. Like, ever.

While I didn't touch the doughnuts, I definitely did enjoy a nice, hot cup of coffee. 1 pack of Sweet and Low, 1/2 a small little single cup of vanilla creamer. Delicious.



Lunch: Old pic, same lunch. Exact same lunch (pretzel thins, special K chips, hummus, carrotts, low-fat cheese stick, diet pepsi), acutally. Told you-- SO exciting. Oh! Actually, there WAS a differnce. I packed a banana too, but I didn't eat it here (see snack #1).

Snack #1: To be fair, I didn't eat the above  mentioned, unpictured (does that even make sense??) banana at lunch, I ate it an hour and a half later as a snack. There. I AM SO EXCITING AND DIFFERENT! (editors note: I just looked back to last week and this is EXACTLY what I did last week. WOAH. Mind blown. I really am boring.)
 
 

Dinner: Pasta. Nothing really exciting. I sauteed a garlic clove in 1/2 tbsp of EVOO while the pasta cooked, the mixed it together with a little of the water the pasta cooked in. I added a sprinkle of goat cheese and mixed it together til it was melted. I'm obsessed with goat cheese-- just a little pinch adds soooo much flavor. Some salt and pepper, and the meal was done. 15 minutes, done and done. We're between our apartment and our new rental house right now so the pickings are limited because I'm an idiot and have moved too much stuff to the new place, but not enough either. It's a hard life. Anyway- dinner was easy and tasty!


Dessert #1: Yup, you read right. #1. Get over it.
The Hubs and I split one of these 90-calorie FibeOne Chocolate Chip Cookie bars right after dinner. These were an impulse buy at the grocery store last week. I've tried the brownies and they're disappointing, but these looked good. They're OK. Not as bad as the brownies, but not as good as an actual cookie either. I'd get them again if they were on sale.



Dessert #2: Several hours of cleaning the new rental house later, my sweet tooth was screaming for something. Enter my favorite ice cream treat (after fro yo-- duh): Dark Chocolate Raspberry ice cream pops. So, so, soooo good.


Snack #2: About 10 seconds after inhaling that ice cream bar, I decided I still wasn't quite satisfied. Plus, I knew I needed a few more calories for the day, since it was a lighter day than normal and than I like with the amount of physical activity I get right now.
Small bowl of raw almond (about 1/4-1/3 cup) and chocolate chips (about 1-2 tbsp). I'm obsessed with this snack. It's SO satisfying and keeps me full. Try it. You'll thank me.



Workouts:
Tuesday- 6 sloooow (9:55 averages) miles on indoor track at lunch. And, yes-- for the record, the funk was still here. Alive and well.
Wednesday- Spinning and 2.5 SPEEDY (19:47!!!! My fastest ever!!) miles on the treadmill. Boring. Over it. Slump/funk/whatever you want to call it-- STILL F-ING HERE. Even with the speedy miles, I'm still knee deep in funk. I kinda decided to give it a week. Let myself wallow in funk for ONE WEEK. Then, get over it and snap outta it. We'll see how that startegy goes.

2 comments:

  1. You have more self restraint than I do! I could never resist eating a donut! MMM...I need some.....
    Maybe try mixing up your music and or runs to get you out of that funk! I am sure everyone gets them. At least I know I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry-- we had them at another event on Friday and I most definitely had one then. Mmmm. Worth every bite! :)

      Delete