Wednesday, July 4, 2012

WIAW - Friday Edition

Happy Independence Day!!! While I'm making the most out of my day off by getting in a hot, humid, and grossly sweaty 14-mile long run, enjoy the week's What I Ate Wednesday! 

As a reminder, WIAW was this girls brain child. The idea behind it is to share one days meals/snacks/etc. in its entirety. It's a great way to reflect on what you're REALLY eating in a day to ensure you're eating enough, not eating too much, and that you're eating the right stuff. Ooooor, you know, as close to it as you can! :) This week, I followed my day from last Friday, June 29. Usually I track my Tuesday's so I can share on Wednesday, but I decided to mix it up a bit and follow a Friday. Soooo, here we go!

Breakfast: 9am
Call me crazy, but I couldn't get oatmeal out of my head. It just sounded SO good, despite the toasty temps outside. I used 1 packet of Cinnamon & Spice Quaker Instant Oatmeal. Enjoyed with an unpictured cup of coffee.


Snack 1 & 2: 11am & 12:30pm 
I actually had 2 Laffy Taffy's, but you get the idea. I had the Diet Coke and Laffy Taffy's around 11, more out of boredom and because they were within eye shot than any other reason. I had the 2 mini Snickers on the way to the indoor track at 12:30 just for a quick burst of sugar pre-run.


Lunch: Around 2pm
This was kinda a later lunch because I decided after my run that the PBJ I brought just did not sound good. Chinese delivery it was! I got the steamed shrimp and veggies with white rice and an egg roll. It came with a brown, soy-sauce based sauce on the side that was SO good. I ate almost all of this, along with an unpictured can of diet pepsi. It was delicious!!


Snack 3: 4:15pm
You'd think I wouldn't have been hungry again so soon after I demolished that Chinese food... but, you'd be wrong! I had about a serving of Special K Sour Cream and Onion chips and a bottle of water to tide me over til dinner.


Dinner: 6:30pm
The Hubs had to work late, so I made dinner while I waited for him. Baked sweet potato (425* oven for about 45 minutes-- simple!) with 1 marshmallow and a spoonful of brown sugar added after it came out of the oven, TJ's frozen grilled asparagus with a small sprinkle of crumbled goat cheese (SO good!!!!!), and a TJ's chili lime chicken burger with BBQ sauce and pickles. YUM, YUM, YUM-- and crazy healthy. Great, easy meal.


Dessert: 8pm
I saw a recipe on Pinterest that said you could make delicious and not-too-bad-for-you cupcake/muffins by adding 1 small container of plain Greek yogurt to a boxed chocolate cupcake mix, then baking according to the box. I added a dash of egg whites to make the mix a bit less thick and to add a smidge more protein. These were great! Super thick and dense. They were DELICIOUS right out of the oven, especially with a spoonful of peanut butter as an "icing". The Hubs loved them too! I think they decreased in quality quickly over the next few days (I didn't think they were very good at all by Monday), but the Hubs thinks they're still good and he's still working on the 5-6 we still have left. Definitely worth making again as a quick dessert option.    

2 comments:

  1. I've done that cake box trick before. Greek yogurt, canned pumpkin and a can of diet pop all work well too, depending on what flavor of cake you have. Greek yogurt is probably the most beneficial though. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried the diet soda thing, though I've heard of that (I've heard diet cherry 7-up w/ white cake is the best), but I have done the pumpkin and LOVE that!

      Delete