Sunday, July 8, 2012

Marathon Training: Facts and Figures

Marathon Training Fact: I am hungry. ALL. THE. TIME. I know, I know. People warned me about this. I read all the other bloggers say this. But, OMG. I was not at all prepared for the unwavering hunger. And, it's getting worse every week. Every day. I can't even imagine how it'll be as it gets closer.

Marathon Training Figure: 140.
Number of miles I ran in June. It's a personal distance record for a month. I know I'll beat that every month from here to the marathon, but it's kinda fun to watch it.

Marathon Training Fact: You're SUPPOSED to stretch after running. Also a fact-- I pretty much never do. Training fail, I know.

Marathon Training Figure: 6.
Number of weeks I've been officially training for the marathon. I'm just wrapping up my sixth week. 
(source)
Not really sure what this has to do with anything... but, it says marathon training and I am a dummy, so it made sense.

Marathon Training Fact: Marathon training has brainwashed me and now takes up about 80% of my thoughts. If I could, I'd talk about marathon training all day. I now would rather buy a Runner's World than an US Weekly. WTF has happened to me?!?! I don't even know who I am anymore.

Marathon Training Figure: 2882.
The approximate number of calories I'll burn during the marathon. That's about 14 1/2 pieces of cheese pizza. I'm not sure if that's depressing or awesome.

 Marathon Training Fact: Sometimes, I need a phrase to repeat to myself over and over when I run for motivation. Usually it's "Come on, Meagan. It doesn't matter how fast you go... just don't stop."

Marathon Training Figure: 6.
The number of different types of peanut butter I have in my pantry. Hey, nut butters are GREAT fuel for runners, right??

Marathon Training Fact: Body Glide is not a luxury. It is a necessity.

Marathon Training Figure: 153.1 & 179.3
The first number is the number of miles my plan says I should have run since I started training. The second number is the actual number of miles I've run since I started training. So, math majors, that means I've run EXACTLY 26.2 miles more than my plan has called for. Coincidence?? Weird, right?!?! And, I didn't realize that until I started writing this and actually did the math. Crazy.


And, on that magical marathon figure, I'll wrap this up. Ok-- 1 more figure:
91
days til I run the Chicago Marathon.

1 comment:

  1. I get addicted to seeing how many miles I can cram into every month and how many donuts I burn according to daily mile. :-)
    The hunger? I hate to tell you, but it will probably get worse. I would eat so much when I was training, like a lot. My hubby would always ask where I put all of my food because I would be eating 24/7.

    ReplyDelete