Wednesday, July 18, 2012

WIAW - Round 13 (& How to Score Good-Wife Points)






You know what day it is!! WEDNESDAY!!!! As always, here's a dose of WIAW. Also as a reminder, thanks to the brains behind this concept. Below is what I ate/drank Tuesday. Not the most exciting day for my tummy. Sorry in advance! :)
Breakfast: 9:30am
Peach Chobani. Delicious! And, an unpictured big cup of coffee. Fun Fact #1: I don't like peaches (the fruit), but I LOVE this flavor of yogurt. YUM!
 
 
Snack: 11:30am
Fun size Skittles. Best decision I had made all day up to this point. Little bite size pieces of pure bliss right there. Fun Fact #2: I don't like the orange ones, so I HAVE to eat those with another color, but it can't be with red. I'm WEIRD.


Lunch: 1:30pm

Pretzel Crisps, Diet Pepsi, carrots, string cheese, and hummus. I actually didn't eat the banana right then. I was SURPRISING (trust me, no one is more surprised than me!) full so I decided to save the banana for an afternoon snack. Fun fact #3: I used to not like cheese. I'm still weird about it and only like certain kinds and in small-ish quantities. This specific string cheese, fresh mozz, and colby. I seem to like cheese more and more as I get older. Give me a year and I'll probably be a fanatic.



Snack: 4pm

Banana from lunch and a bottle of water. Look at me NOT drinking a mid-afternoon diet soda. I feel like I get a bonus point for that, right?!?! Fun Fact #4: I think people who say they "don't like the taste of water" are full of BS. Yup. I'm saying it. FULL OF BULL.  Weirdos. It's WATER. What's not to like about the taste? Seriously.



Dinner: 6pm 
The Hubs and I went to Bar Louie for $2 burger/fries, but they had a crazy long wait and no tables open in the bar, so we went next door to Granite City. I got the grilled chicken sandwhich. I didn't have the bun, but did have about a pound of BBQ sauce on the side. And, I only had about 1/2 the fries. Meh. It was nothing to write home about. Oh, but that pickle was the BOMB. So good. Random Fact #5: I almost never eat the bun on a sandwich like this at a resturant. I think it's just added empty calories. It doesn't ADD anything taste wise for me, so what's the point? If I'm with other people (not counting the Hubs), sometimes I'll eat it just so I don't look like a weirdo. I feel like that makes me an even bigger weirdo.  

Snack: 7:30pm
The Hubs and I went to see a movie, so movie snacks were a requirement. Honey Nut Sweet and Salty Chex Mix and a diet 7-Up. I legit had a TON... likely 3 servings. I couldn't stop eating. Maybe it was just being in a movie theater that makes me wanna munch, maybe it was just that I was still starving. Whatever. It was good and better than movie theatre popcorn would have been-- both on my wallet and on my waist! Random Fact #6: The Hubs and I went to Wal-Mart between dinner and the movie to get a few more moving boxes, packing tape, and these snacks. It took FOREVER to find a diet caffeine free soda at the checkouts. That's not really all that random, but it is a fact. Also a fact? Wal-Mart is one of the most depressing places. Ever.

So, that concludes WIAW. Fun times.

Now, I know you're just DYING to know what movie we saw! Well, it was the Hubs choice. He's been waiting and waiting for this movie to get to the cheap theatre (because we're too cheap to see sub-excellent movies at the regular theatre).
Snow White and the Huntsman (aka the Snow White movie w/o Julia Roberts). It was OK. Entertaining, but not great.

You KNOW I'm trying to score good-wife points when I agreed to see a movie ON A WEEK NIGHT (gasp!) when it didn't get out til (you might want to sit for this) 1 minute AFTER MY BEDTIME!
Hey, they say marriage is all about compermise and sacerfice, right?? :) 

Don't worry too much. Movie got out at 9:01pm. We were home by 9:10pm. Flights were bought for our cruise in October (woowoo!), the Hubs volunteered to make lunches, and I was in bed by 9:30pm. Fabulous mid-week date night. And, I didn't even get to bed that late. Even if I would have, date night trumps early-bedtime-for-a-workout any day. And, I did still get my workout in this morning! 60 minute spinning class and 2.5 miles on the TM in 20:02 (my fastest ever!). I'm gonna go ahead and say today's gonna be a great day! Happy Wednesady!!

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree. Walmart is super depressing. They have everything, yet I always leave feeling a little bummed. I wonder why...

    But the eats look great for the day! I love those pretzel crisps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm eager to see your receipe for your Single Girl Lasagna!! :)

      And, yea-- everytime I go to Wal-Mart it BUMS ME OUT. I leave and just feel so... sad. Weird. Just decided to go shopping somewhere else next time!

      Delete
  2. love your wallpaper on your phone. Such an adorable picture <3

    **Couldn't agree more about the added calories of the bun. The bun never does it for me either. That chicken does look good though!

    ReplyDelete