Monday, July 9, 2012

Weekly Workout Recap (7/2-7/8)- Marathon Training Week 6

"If you set a goal for yourself and are able to achieve it, you have won your race. Your goal can be to come in first, to improve your performance, or just finish the race. It's up to you."
-Dave Scott, U.S. Triathlete

Weekly Workout Recap (7/2-7/8)- Marathon Training Week 6:
(reminder: actual in red, plan in blue)
Monday (7/2): Spinning & 2 miles {Spinning & 4 miles}
Tuesday (7/3):  40 min. Elliptical & 2.5 miles & 5.5 miles & 3.5 mile walk {Signature Strength}
Wednesday (7/4):  14 mile LR {Spinning & 4 miles}
Thursday (7/5): Signature Strength & 2 miles {7 miles}
Friday (7/6): 20 min. Elliptical & 5 miles & 30 min. Elliptical & 20 min. walk {Rest}
Saturday (7/7): 1 mile run & 60-minute Unleashed class (similar to crossfit) {14 mile LR}
Sunday (7/8): Rest & 6.6 mile walk {Cross Train- 60 min.}


Totals for Week 6:
32 Miles Run {29 Miles}
1 Spinning Classes {2 Spinning Classes}
2 Signature Strength Class {1 Signature Strength Class}
90 Minutes on Elliptical {60 min. Cross Train}
11.1 Miles Walked {None on plan}
1 Unleashed Class {None on plan}1(ish) Rest Days {1 Rest Day}


Week 6 of 19, DONEZO! 13 weeks to go!
How I felt...
Body- Woah. Tired. More tired than I've almost ever been.
Energy Level- It was so-so til Wednesday. By Thursday morning, post-long run, I was BEAT. My energy level was low the rest of the week. I could definitely feel the lack of a rest week the week before. Hoping I won't have to do that again during this cycle. Taking a true rest day this weekend will hopefully help my energy levels stay higher throughout this upcoming week.
Hunger- OOOOMMMGGGG. Out of control. I'm going to try to up my protein intake in hopes it'll help control some of the hunger because right now, it is just outta control. It's like I physically cannot get enough food.
Mental- Nothing really to note. My mileage was back up and I felt relatively strong during each run, despite the crazy hot long run.
Other- Didn't do too great on the less-soda front.


I'm starting Week 7 out on a weird front... SORE. Ok, so that's not that abnormal. But, for having just took a rest day YESTERDAY and having had my long run WEDNESDAY, I'm pretty damn shocked I'm SO F-ING SORE today. And, my feet (the arches) HURT. Like, HURT. So, hmmm. Interesting. I'm thinking most of the sore is just DOMS from Saturday's f-ing crazy Unleashed class. But, who knows. I'm taking it a little easy today in hopes things loosen up asap. PLUS, I already know I'm going to have to adjust my long run AGAIN this weekend due to plans (really, really fun plans so I'm not complaining AT ALL). I know I'm going to have to do it FRIDAY NIGHT (uuuugh-- I am NOT a night runner!)... now I'll just have to see if I can do all 15 miles at once or have to split them up before and after work. Not ideal, but what are you gonna do? Gotta get the miles in anyway I can!

So, bring it on, Week 7. Let's do this.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hey! My arches bug me A LOT! I roll them on a tennis ball and it's one of those "good-hurts" you know? It definitely makes them feel better after a run!
    Nice quote and glad you got a rest day in - your body deserves it! Also, way to go on pounding out that 14 on a wicked nasty day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH! Mine are still hurting!! Boooo!!! And, I totally used the tennis ball AT WORK today! Hey, gotta stretch when you can, right!?!? :)

      Delete