Thursday, October 4, 2012

Finally a second to breathe!

PHEW! Life is slowly but surely starting to settle down a little at work. The past 3 days have been NON-STOP and I am so glad I have a little more down time to catch up on all the work I didn't get done the past few days (due to NON-STOP GO-GO-GOOOOOO work programs).

Let's back up a bit, huh? You know it's been a bad week when I'm doing a weekend recap on THURSDAY. Whoops. Oh well.

This past weekend was a low key and relaxing and exactly what I needed.

Friday night: A whole lotta nothing! The Hubs and I went out for Thai, grocery shopping, and I was passed out by 10pm. SUCH a party animal.

Saturday: Started the day off with my LAST pre-marathon "long run". 8 miles. I'd love to sit here and say it was GREAT because my legs were so fresh from the lower mileage/taper... but, it wasn't. I've been sick and BREATHING was a struggle. My legs felt OK... but not GREAT. I had to pay very close attention (aka: stalk) my Garmin to maintain a solid 9:00/pace through the whole 9 miles. I did it, but I wish it felt easier. I thought this would be an easy run and would leave me feeling SO EXCITED and SO READY for the race. It didn't. I felt more ready after my 21 miler. But, I've read a lot of experienced marathons say it's just the taper crazies trying to F with my head. I'm working REALLY hard to believe them.

Saturday night the Hubs and I went to a wedding and I definitely had my fair share of visits to the open bar and devoured some delicious wedding cake. Yum!

Sunday: The Hubs and I slept it, went for a 4+ mile walk, had lunch, and ran some errands. We decided to do a mid-afternoon mini date and wanted to mix it up so we went for it: BOWLING.
Seriously. We're so cool it hurts. For the record: bowling is fun, but pricey! And, games go by WAY too fast with just 2 people. But, it was definitely fun. The Hubs beat me in both games. Boo. Turns out I pretty much suck at bowling. Oh well.

So, that was the weekend. It felt like it flew past and before I knew it, Sunday night crept in and I was mentally preparing myself to get an ass kicking at work the next few days.

And, boy did I.

Monday I went to the gym at 5am (2.5 miles and Spinning) and then worked from 7:30am-5pm, then came home made a super quick dinner and then graded papers from 5:45pm-9pm.

Tuesday was an exact replicate of Monday, except that at the gym I did 2.5 miles and 30 minutes on the stationary bike and except that I stopped for Chinese take out on the way home because all I could think about was dumplings. SO GOOD.

Wednesday I gym-ed it at 5am again (1 mile and 30 min. elliptical) and then worked from 7:30am-5:30pm NON-STOP and was on my feet the whole time. UGH! I was SO tired. I still have TONS of papers to grade, but just couldn't even fathom doing that when I finally got home. I decided to compression sock up and watch several hours of Gilmore Girls instead. Best choice I've made all week.

And now it's Thursday. I didn't go to the gym this morning because I actually get to take a lunch break today (first time all week!) and will have time to hit the gym then for a VERY relaxed/low key hour of the elliptical (AKA: hardly moving and reading my book). I took tomorrow and Monday off (though I'm coming in to teach my class Monday, but that's it). I couldn't be more excited. Tomorrow I'm SLEEPING IN! And then just RELAXING. ALL DAY. I can't wait.

Stay tuned for the marathon game plan and my packing OCD-ness! YAY for Marathon Week Madness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment