Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Post Marathon-Pocalypse Day 2

 
A wise man, Frank Shorter, once said, “You have to forget your last marathon before you try another. Your mind can’t know what’s coming.”
 
Well, Frank... not sure about that. I may or may not have googled "Spring Marathons" this morning.
 
I also may or may not have googled "How long to wait between marathons" this morning.
 
I'm going to go ahead and say it: DANGER!
 
But, don't worry-- I haven't registered for one. Yet.
 
  


And on a (semi) unrelated note, guess who slapped this sucker on the back of her car last night after the Hubs got home from work?


I may or may not have drug the Hubs out with me after he got home from working late to have a little "26.2 sticker-ing ceremony" (even though technically it was a magnet). Lucky guy. I'm sure that's EXACTLY what he wanted to do at 10pm after working 14 hours on a Monday. LOVE YOU, Hubs!!!

My little sister texted me today: "How is post marathon-pocalypse Day 2?" and I gotta say... MUCH better. At least mentally. I think I'm getting DORH. Delayed Onset Runner's High. I'm SO proud of myself and excited that I really did it!!! Now, my muscles-- they're still screaming. And, my belly-- it's still rumbling constantly. Hey, baby steps, people. Baby steps.

Now... anyone know of any good local marathons this spring?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment